Training camp battles you will be watching closely thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Training camp battles you will be watching closely thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Training camp battles you will be watching closely thread

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:12 pm

I don't know if this has been posted here or not, but I have been checking out this site daily to get training camp blurbs.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/date

Real minimal stuff here, but it gives a lot of headline updates throughout the day on every training camp. It can be very difficult to find the legit blogs of people who actually attend each individual training camp and report on it, this is a decent substitute. Any other links to training camp blogs in this thread would be appreciated. I know that Footballguys usually has a very in-depth thread on the Denver Broncos and I can usually find the local 49ers and Raiders blogs, I will try to remember to post what I find here.

One thing I have taken from these reports, is that every day Demetrius Williams of the Ravens is making big plays and consistent catches in camp. Reportedly Mark Clayton suffered a hamstring and has been out of practice for days now, so it could be Williams alongside Mason to start the season with Williams being the big play #1 to Mason's possession #2. Joe Flacco may only be asked to be a game manager again this year, but the guy has an amazing deep arm. I've added Demetrius to my late round sleeper upside list. I know a lot of folks have penned this guy as a highly talented player who has yet to click, similar to Brandon Marshall before he broke out. Get him on your radar.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk