Balt RB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Balt RB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Balt RB

Postby jayne_cobb » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:36 pm

Anyone with any insight as to who will get the bulk of the carries in Balt. I want to just stay away from this situation, but there are so many carries avaliable there that I think I should at least consider it. McGahee is on and off the Unable to perofmr list. At different times it seemed like it oculdk be McClain or Rice last year, any suggestions?
jayne_cobb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Balt RB

Postby benihana » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:28 am

I have heard that Ray Rice was favored to be the starter and that McClain was going to fullback
benihana
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby 2ksports » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:45 am

My money is on McGahee, with Rice a close 2nd, and McClain a virtual non-factor.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:35 am

Mcgahee had the greater load in the 1st pre season game and did more with the carries. Monitor the situation in game 2 where Rice might be the primary guy.

In the end I have the 2 as 50/50. Mcgahee is supposedly in great shape and had a good camp so I await to see what happens in later pre season games.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:19 pm

Ray Rice shot up my draftboard after watching him in the first preseason game. I think he has what it takes to hold off McGahee and retain the RB1a role to McGahee's RB1b. I had read some reports that Ray Rice worked his body differently in the offseason to get it ready for the load he would receive, but I never expected to see him looking like he did in that first game. The guy looks like a legit prototypical RB now, he was breaking some tackles out there, and he still retained his great moves and most of his speed.

I think the guy is actually worth the 5th and 6th round draft spot now and McGahee is a lot more appropriately valued in the 8th-10th. Both of these guys are solid picks where they are going IMO. Flacco is much better than advertised and combined with that defense there could be a lot of opportunities for production in that backfield. Great schedule as well.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby 2ksports » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Ray Rice shot up my draftboard after watching him in the first preseason game. I think he has what it takes to hold off McGahee and retain the RB1a role to McGahee's RB1b. I had read some reports that Ray Rice worked his body differently in the offseason to get it ready for the load he would receive, but I never expected to see him looking like he did in that first game. The guy looks like a legit prototypical RB now, he was breaking some tackles out there, and he still retained his great moves and most of his speed.

I think the guy is actually worth the 5th and 6th round draft spot now and McGahee is a lot more appropriately valued in the 8th-10th. Both of these guys are solid picks where they are going IMO. Flacco is much better than advertised and combined with that defense there could be a lot of opportunities for production in that backfield. Great schedule as well.

Damn I missed that game. I've only seen last year, where Rice seemed pretty weak, and McGahee (when heathy) beastlike.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I think Rice has what it takes to hold off McGahee and retain the RB1a role to McGahee's RB1b.

I think, if both steer clear of injuries, this is how it will shake out.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:47 pm

For those that missed it, Scoutvids has posted a video comparing Ray Rice and Willis Mcgahee's carries in the preseason week 1 game:

Ray Rice vs. Willis Mcgahee Preseason Week 1

I was very impressed by what I saw of Rice, and am targeting him in dynasty leagues. However, as far as redrafts go, Willis Mcgahee still looked awfully good as well.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby 2ksports » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:40 pm

Free Bagel wrote:For those that missed it, Scoutvids has posted a video comparing Ray Rice and Willis Mcgahee's carries in the preseason week 1 game:

Ray Rice vs. Willis Mcgahee Preseason Week 1

I was very impressed by what I saw of Rice, and am targeting him in dynasty leagues. However, as far as redrafts go, Willis Mcgahee still looked awfully good as well.

Thank you Mr. Bagel
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:55 pm

FWIW, in the first preseason game the way they used them when the starters were still in was fairly unique.

Rice would start the drives, and then after about 5 plays Mcgahee would come in for the rest of the drive. I have no idea if this is how they're going to split time in the regular season or not, but that's what they've done so far.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk