Balt RB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Balt RB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Balt RB

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:23 am

Sex Panther wrote:Rice is near the top of my list of guys I would love to "land late" who are in murky back field situations - I put him basically in the same group as guys like Addai, McFadden, Moreno, Wells, etc - guys with big upside, but bigger question marks.

I love the upside of Rice, however, the presence of McClain, McGahee, and the lack of a potent passing game makes me hesitant on pulling the trigger on him too early.

Rice is definitely on my list of players I want on all of my squads this year - but I won't over pay for him or reach too much.

I need to get into real draft mode and see how things are panning out.

I won't reach for him as early as the 5th (where I'll be looking for McNabb, Addai, McFadden, or a sneaky 3rd WR - Gonzalez or DeSean) - but depending on what's left on the board, he is definitely on my radar in the 6th+.

The mess at RB league wide is going to make this year very, very interesting.

In a confusing keeper league, he just went as a team's #3 RB. When teams draft their RB3, though, is all over the place.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby default01 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:20 pm

I took a chance and reached for him in the 5th at pick 53 in my 12 team league as my RB2. It's risky but I think it could really pay off. I passed on Addai, Stewart, and Ward in the 4th round at pick 44 to grab Houshmandzadeh, who should be great as a WR3. I figured Rice was about equal to them and I could get him in the 5th (all 3 of those other backs were taken before my pick) but there were no WRs close to Housh left on the board. I would have preferred Rice in the 6th but don't think he would have been available at 68 and the upside was too much to pass up. Rice was my one really risky pick in the first 7 rounds (after that I went for all upside picks and ignored the safer lower ceiling guys). Baltimore has a very run-oriented offense and if Rice is the starter, he has a lot of value and will be worth the pick.
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby masarume » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:16 pm

Keeper league draft this Saturday and I have the 7th pick (8 teams). Keep 5, standard yahoo settings.

I have LT/AP/Gore as my backs and I'm targeting Moreno first (but there's a strong chance the guy with the 2nd overall pick will take him) and Rice second. Given his size, I just hope he doesn't break down when it counts. He has a tremendous skill set and now he has the staff behind him.
masarume

Hockey Mod
Home Cafe: Hockey

Previous

Return to Football Talk