Do you consider the OLine/Defense for RB rankings? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do you consider the OLine/Defense for RB rankings?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Do you consider the OLine/Defense for RB rankings?

Postby mattb47 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:56 pm

kickureface wrote:brett favre leaving -> jones dropping in the rankings this year?

also where do you draw the line? NO has a terrific line and qb, but their RB's production arent too great

I'd disagree about New Orleans...Reggie Bush's production isn't that great, but if you look at the numbers Pierre Thomas has put up both yard per carry wise and TD wise the past couple seasons (4.8 ypc and 14 TDs on less than 200 carries), then I think it's hard to say that the New Orleans RB production isn't too great. It's really just Bush that has struggled to run the ball between the tackles for them.

I don't think that Brett Favre leaving hurts Jones that much either...the thing that hurts Jones is the fact that they drafted Shonn Greene and that one of the biggest things holding Leon Washington back (Mangini) is gone now. I think Jones will get a good sized cut taken out of his workload this year and even though they'll be a run heavy team, his value won't be what it was even before last season.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Matt, I have to think that losing Favre has got to affect the RB production for the Jets. If they don't come up with a credible QB threat, Ds will stack up to stop the run and force more second and third down passing situations where Washington will get used more effectively than Jones. Agree that losing Mangini should help the whole team do better.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mattb47 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:41 pm

moochman wrote:Matt, I have to think that losing Favre has got to affect the RB production for the Jets. If they don't come up with a credible QB threat, Ds will stack up to stop the run and force more second and third down passing situations where Washington will get used more effectively than Jones. Agree that losing Mangini should help the whole team do better.

Maybe with the way Favre was playing at the start of the year it will...but with how he finished the season it won't be much of a difference from how things were then. I think the improvements the defense will undoubtedly make offset anything that they lose from not having Favre behind center.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk