Training Camp Updates 2009 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Training Camp Updates 2009

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Training Camp Updates 2009

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:01 pm

I agree wholeheartedly about not letting Big Blubber back with the Lions. He is the epitome of clubhouse cancer.
Dream, I am also looking forward to seeing what happens this Saturday. I would love to see the LBers hitting the crap out of people, I want nothing more than to be wrong. I just don't know how much they will be able to accomplish with the garbage surrounding them.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:32 pm

moochman wrote:I agree wholeheartedly about not letting Big Blubber back with the Lions. He is the epitome of clubhouse cancer.
Dream, I am also looking forward to seeing what happens this Saturday. I would love to see the LBers hitting the crap out of people, I want nothing more than to be wrong. I just don't know how much they will be able to accomplish with the garbage surrounding them.

From the sounds of it we're going to be seeing a bunch of nobodies on saturday due to all our injuries... Its a shame that Delmas and Pettigrew have missed so much of this important time.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Out for Pre #1 8.13

mlive.com wrote:First-round pick Brandon Pettigrew (thigh) hasn't taken part in a team drill or done any hitting in the last 11 days. Second-round pick Louis Delmas (knee) hasn't participated in any significant drills in more than a week. The Lions only have two more light practices before they play the Falcons.

Receiver Calvin Johnson (thumb) is still in a cast is very unlikely to play on Saturday.

Other players who aren't expected to play include tight end Casey FitzSimmons (ankle), running back Maurice Morris (hamstring), receiver John Standeford (hamstring), rookie offensive tackle Lydon Murtha (undisclosed), cornerback Keith Smith (groin), safety Daniel Bullocks (knee) and receiver Bryant Johnson (leg).

dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:07 pm

Why even carry a kicker on the roster when you could just have another receiver :-b

mlive wrote:ALLEN PARK - With veteran kicker Jason Hanson already sidelined for a couple of weeks with a right knee injury, the Detroit Lions got some surprising news on Tuesday when backup kicker Swayze Waters woke up with a tight hamstring.

That forced free agent Dane Looker, who was signed last week because of injuries at receiver, to handle the kicking duties. Looker hit all four of his field goal attempts at practice today, including one from 43 yards.

Lions head coach Jim Schwartz said the players were urging the coaching staff to make Looker attempt one even further away, but Schwartz said he wanted to end the session on a good note. In fact, Schwartz won't let a special teams drill end with a missed field goal. He'll have the team keep kicking until they make one.

If Swayze doesn't heal up by Saturday's game, Looker will handle all the kickoff responsibilities and would also attempt any field goals.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... r_dan.html
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions