BGboothA's top 20 QB (tell me where I am wrong) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BGboothA's top 20 QB (tell me where I am wrong)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: BGboothA's top 20 QB (tell me where I am wrong)

Postby mattb47 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm

biju wrote:Matt, while I do agree that TO's move hurts Dallas more than it helps the Bills I'm not sure it's fair to believe that Dallas is the only one that will adapt their play calling to their personnel. I suspect Buffalo will begin throwing the ball more, but the amount that they increase will likely still keep them in the bottom half of the league.

I'm not saying that because of the personnel changes they've had that they'll be more of a run based team...I think the fact that they threw more than they have in 10 years and failed to make the playoffs with a truckload of talent is why they'll be running the ball more. If you're running a lot, chances are you're going to be in the wins column more often than the losses column. I think they'll just take a step back from how much they threw it around the field last season.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lukeduke954 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:20 pm

BGbootha wrote:
1 Brees, Drew QB NO
6 Rodgers, Aaron QB GB
5 Manning, Peyton QB IND
2 Rivers, Philip QB SD
7 McNabb, Donovan QB PHI
3 Brady, Tom QB NE
8 Warner, Kurt QB ARI
12 Romo, Tony QB DAL
9 Schaub, Matt QB HOU
13 Palmer, Carson QB CIN
11 Hasselbeck, Matt QB SEA
4 Ryan, Matt QB ATL
14 Cassel, Matt QB KC
10 Cutler, Jay QB CHI
13 Roethlisberger, Ben QB PIT
16 Edwards, Trent QB BUF
17 Campbell, Jason QB WAS
15 Manning, Eli QB NYG
20 Orton, Kyle QB DEN
18 Bulger, Marc QB STL
19 Hill, Shaun QB SF
lukeduke954
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Purple1 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:41 am

The following opinions are not factual.... results many vary

Tier 1
1. Manning, Peyton QB IND- 30+ TD passes
2. Brees, Drew QB NO- 30+ TD passes
3. Brady, Tom QB NE- around 25 TD passes.

Tier 2
4. Rodgers, Aaron QB GB- Everyone hopes he can only get better which he probably will since he's on the packers and I hate them.
5. Warner, Kurt QB ARI- Best weapons in the league but age and let down season after SB loss scare me
6. Cutler, Jay QB CHI- Everybody says CHI is a run oriented offense its not true especially now
7. Rivers, Philip QB SD- I think he topped off last year but who knows for sure.

Tier 3
8. McNabb, Donovan QB PHI- Meh-?'s
9. Romo, Tony QB DAL- TO gone and addition by subbtraction dosen't work see the Vikes the year after Moss left.....stay away
10. Palmer, Carson QB CIN- Meh-?'s
11. Hasselbeck, Matt QB SEA -Meh-?'s
12. Roethlisberger, Ben QB PIT- Meh-?'s

Tier 4
13. Schaub, Matt QB HOU- Tuns of Up syide but he's like Samuel L. Jackson in unbreakable- Meh
14. Orton, Kyle QB DEN- Great oppertunity with tons of talent around him, hes pretty good just not a whole lotta arm stength-
15. Manning, Eli QB NYG- Meh- here ya go barandon...whoo that was ruff I'm gonna go sleep on my big pile of cash.
16. Ryan, Matt QB ATL- Don't like the Roddy White hold out situation.
17. Cassel, Matt QB KC- The product of a good system with talented players....kiss it good bye

Tier 5
18. Hill, Shaun QB SF- Could very well be this years version of 2007 David Gerrard nothing flashy but will average 1.5 TD pass's a game and score you exacty 12pts every week...some people will fall in love with him
19. Edwards, Trent QB BUF- Got TO but hes the baby of Samuel L. Jackson in unbreakable and a wet peice of toilet paper
20. Culpepper, Daunte QB DET- I know they have Stafford....but Daunte's starting the season, he's in shape and he's been reunited with the daddy he always wanted Scott Linnehan. They are installing the "Throw it deep to Randy(oops Megatron) or dump it off underneath offense" which is DC's specialty...He COULD potentially be the steal of the draft at QB so I'm gonna take him in the last round and listen to the uproar of laughter....stranger things have happened.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby lukeduke954 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:01 am

Purple1 wrote:The following opinions are not factual.... results many vary

Tier 1

Tier 2
4. Rodgers, Aaron QB GB- Everyone hopes he can only get better which he probably will since he's on the packers and I hate them.
5. Warner, Kurt QB ARI- Best weapons in the league but age and let down season after SB loss scare me
6. Cutler, Jay QB CHI- Everybody says CHI is a run oriented offense its not true especially now
7. Rivers, Philip QB SD- I think he topped off last year but who knows for sure.

Tier 3
9. Romo, Tony QB DAL- TO gone and addition by subbtraction dosen't work see the Vikes the year after Moss left.....stay away

Tier 4
13. Schaub, Matt QB HOU- Tuns of Up syide but he's like Samuel L. Jackson in unbreakable- Meh
14. Orton, Kyle QB DEN- Great oppertunity with tons of talent around him, hes pretty good just not a whole lotta arm stength-
15. Manning, Eli QB NYG- Meh- here ya go barandon...whoo that was ruff I'm gonna go sleep on my big pile of cash.
17. Cassel, Matt QB KC- The product of a good system with talented players....kiss it good bye

Tier 5
18. Hill, Shaun QB SF- Could very well be this years version of 2007 David Gerrard nothing flashy but will average 1.5 TD pass's a game and score you exacty 12pts every week...some people will fall in love with him
19. Edwards, Trent QB BUF- Got TO but hes the baby of Samuel L. Jackson in unbreakable and a wet peice of toilet paper
20. Culpepper, Daunte QB DET- I know they have Stafford....but Daunte's starting the season, he's in shape and he's been reunited with the daddy he always wanted Scott Linnehan. They are installing the "Throw it deep to Randy(oops Megatron) or dump it off underneath offense" which is DC's specialty...He COULD potentially be the steal of the draft at QB so I'm gonna take him in the last round and listen to the uproar of laughter....stranger things have happened.

Ryan Tier 4? Dont think the Douglas injury is gonna hurt his progress. Im looking for ryan to have a Peyton like breakout 2nd season and i disagree with Cutler at 6th.. just not enough weapons in Chicago
lukeduke954
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby joejlitz » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:38 am

Purple1 wrote:

Too funny. :-b

Great post. We could use more humor like this around here! ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Purple1 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:40 am

lukeduke954 wrote:
Purple1 wrote:The following opinions are not factual.... results many vary

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4

Tier 5

Ryan Tier 4? Dont think the Douglas injury is gonna hurt his progress. Im looking for ryan to have a Peyton like breakout 2nd season and i disagree with Cutler at 6th.. just not enough weapons in Chicago

Ryan is good don't get me wrong but I think he'll be lucky to get 20 TD passes. They're not gonna sneak up on anybody this year and they have a tougher scheduel, I guess I just expect some growing pains.

I live in CHI and have been forced to watch the bears my whole life and this year is going to be espesially painful having to do that as a vikings fan. Hester made some big improvments last year converting to a WR nobody really noticed bescause Orton can't get the ball deep. Remember a few years ago when the bears made it to the superbowl? They were slinging it all over the field with Rex Grosman at qb. Cutler will make Hester WR1 material and hes got 3 very relaible guys underneath in TE's Olsen/Clark and RB Forte. All they are gonna need is maybe one more guy to step up(Bennet?) and they will be dangerous. Another thing about CHI is their defense is a shell of what it once was and they haven't really added anybody talent wise, sure they've made some changes to the coaching staff(Marinelli D-line and Lovie will be calling D plays) but if the players cant execute thats not gonna matter much. I expect them to be in far more passing situations than people realize.

On a side note thanks Joelitz!!! :-)
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk