Let's talk middle round RB (7-12) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Let's talk middle round RB (7-12)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Let's talk middle round RB (7-12)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:44 pm

6.11 Felix Jones: I don't think I like this guy too much the more I think about it. I like Tashard Choice too much, but I'm not sure if the Cowboys do. Regardless, MBIII has goal-lines, short-yardage, 3rd downs, and 4th quarter carries. That's a lot of carries being taken away there. I'm just not sure Felix ends up being anything better than a decent flex play. Somwhat risky, medium reward if you ask me. Probably not a guy I'm too interested in.

6.11 Cedric Benson: sucks. No. I'll take Bernard Scott.

6.12 Lendale White: value too TD-oriented. TD are a very flaky stat, both season-to-season and week-to-week.

7.03 Ray Rice: I love this guy. He's also been getting most of the 1st-string reps in camp, and Baltimore should be a heavy-running offense again this year

7.06 Donald Brown: Not a fan. I doubt he "gradually takes over" for Addai unless Addai gets hurt this year. A good dynasty pick though. Even if Addai did get hurt, I think the Colts might just tilt further towards the pass as I don't know how much trust Manning has in Brown yet, and Manning's essentially the coach on that offense.

7.11 Jamal Lewis: no thanks. I'd rather have james davis.

8.03 Darren Sproles: I love Sproles as a football player. I also think he's going to see a lot of touches this year. But he's a backup, which means he'll be boom-or-bust.

8.04 Julius Jones: I like this guy too. He sounds like a nice safe 3rd RB option to me. He's a guy I take knowing that once I take him I can feel ok taking guys like Scott, Davis, etc.

8.08 LeSean McCoy: We don't know when Westbrook is going to play or not until game-time. Which means we don't know if McCoy's geting a lot of carries until game-time. No thanks.

8.11 Rashard Mendenhall: Hasn't sounded like he's been too impressive in OTAs thus far. I like Parker to keep this streak up. Of course he becomes a great pick here if wins goal-line duties.

9.04 Ahmad Bradshaw: He has at least Jacobs in front of him, and he's competing for the scraps with Andre Brown. Low-upside, high-risk if you ask me.

9.08 Tim Hightower: Don't know what to say about this guy. I think I actually like him at this point, because Wells already got hurt in training camp and I think the Cardinals try to run the ball a little bit more this year than last seeing as it worked for them in the playoffs.

9.08 Fred Jackson: meh. He's a backup once Marshawn gets back (though a good backup)

10.04 Chester Taylor: another backup. A good AP handcuff, but that's where his value ends.
10.08 Earnest Graham: an intersting guy here, but I don't think I like him as TB has at least Ward to steal touches from him, and Caddy's still there too to possibly steal some carries. Also TB never has seemed to really like Graham.

10.08 Leron McClain: fullback now. Didn't he gain weight too to become a FB? No thanks; his upside is as a goal-line back, which is pretty weak upside.

11.02 Willis McGahee: I'd love to grab him and Rice and use a 7th and 11th round pick (or 6ht/10th) to secure the #1RB in a running offense. That's good for at least a solid #2 RB.

11.02 Shonn Greene: an awesome keeper/dynasty RB. But I think he waits a year behind TJ unless TJ gets hurt.
11.03 Leon Washington: Not a fan. The Jets have never seemed to like him, and there's no way he gets a true starting role.
11.09 Fred Taylor: Probably a solid selection here, though it'll be a headache trying to figure out which Patriots RB gets the majority of the carries on which week. I don't think he'll end up on any of my teams, just because I'd rather have other guys not even on this list.
11.12 Jerious Norwood: this guys' been the "breakout candidate" for how long now? I don't think Atlanta thinks he can be anything more than a change-of-pace guy. This is the year I finally say no to drafting this guy (though as a football player I do love him....)
12.04 Laurence Maroney: Similar to Fred Taylor, though you have to wonder if the Pats have any faith in Maroney any more. Might be worth risking a pick on him here, simply because he's got pretty high upside relative to your options at this spot, if you're willing to hope that playing time is handed out game-by-game to Pats' RBs, not series-by-series.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 2ksports » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:33 pm

6.11 Felix Jones - this year's DeAngelo williams
6.11 Cedric Benson - nothing but praise out of camp. If Rudy Johnson can...
6.12 LenDale White - Too TD-dependant, also Chris Johnson can jump over ppl and sweep, so I say no to Lendale
7.03 Ray Rice - I'm drafting only if I'm sure he's starting, but I'm not sure... I'd draft him back to back with mcgahee if i'm at the snake head/tail position
7.06 Donald Brown - Not drafting him or addai
7.11 Jamal Lewis - Hell No, this is the most obvious no draft. VERY OBVIOUS.
8.03 Darren Sproles - see Felix Jones.
8.04 Julius Jones - Sucks
8.08 LeSean McCoy - Philly starting RB will catch alot of passes, he is waiver fodder.
8.1 Rashard Mendenhall - sucks, it's all about FWP
9.04 Ahmad Bradshaw - lukewarm. waiver fodder until jacobs goes down.
9.08 Tim Hightower - if he's there in the last round and I have chris wells...
9.08 Fred Jackson - lukewarm. He is draftable in the VERY last of rounds, as he is the opening day starter and week 2 as well. Draftable = yes.
10.04 Chester Taylor - draftable in last round
10.08 Earnest Graham - platoon with bucks, I don't know, too risky. waiver pickup if he does well though.
10.08 LeRon McClain - not a chance.
11.02 Willis McGahee - It's worth a shot. He's better than Ray Rice IMO, but Rice is the starter it seems.
11.02 Shonn Greene - Not a chance, logjam, staying away from all NYJ RBs.
11.03 Leon Washington - Not enough TDs, fill-in usable.
11.09 Fred Taylor - He will either suck or get injured, and is too dependant on the presence of Brady + Moss both being healthy, so too many question marks.
11.12 Jerious Norwood - They are increasing his role and reducing Turner's. Deangelo Williams possibility if Turner breaks down.
12.04 Laurence Maroney - lol no
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:41 pm

6.11 Felix Jones (I love his big play ability, I mean it's really neat to watch...also on good offense)
6.11 Cedric Benson (I will actually go on record saying I think he can have a good year)
6.12 LenDale White (will watch closely, td machine so td heavy leagues you gotta love him.)
7.03 Ray Rice (I like this guy, and I think he will play a sizeable role at RB for the team)
7.06 Donald Brown (I like this guy emerge as the superior back, it will take time. Look maybe next year)
7.11 Jamal Lewis (This guy's average sucks, everytime I want to gag watching his stats come along the tracker)
8.03 Darren Sproles (Big play ability, but with LT healthy, he's going to ride the pine...a lot!)
8.04 Julius Jones (Will lose starting gig imo, watch out)
8.08 LeSean McCoy (Could be sneaky pick, especially if Westy has his annual injury)
8.1 Rashard Mendenhall (I don't like him, I don't think he played that well...but I think he got banged up [I could be wrong])
9.04 Ahmad Bradshaw (Decent, that's all)
9.08 Tim Hightower (His average flucking sucked, he will be beaten by Wells for sure...[wells still banged up?])
9.08 Fred Jackson (I really like this guy's potential, a good pickup for the first few weeks of course, his role depends on his production during that time)
10.04 Chester Taylor (must have in some cases, MN's running game is their strong point and will most certainly lean on it heavily this year)
10.08 Earnest Graham (he isn't a prototypical rb, and last year he didn't light it up, I'm staying away)
10.08 LeRon McClain (td heavy leagues only imo)
11.02 Willis McGahee (I don't like him, that's my reason)
11.02 Shonn Greene (Too many RBs there, competition to fierce to do things imo)
11.03 Leon Washington (decent, not excited, probably wont go out and purchase his jersey or anything)
11.09 Fred Taylor (I wonder what his role will be, watch preseason to find out..for now, who knows?)
11.12 Jerious Norwood (Turner show, until something weird happens, it wont happen for Norwood...he's the people's pick, dont get caught up)
12.04 Laurence Maroney (Who knows now, i'm gonna watch preseason because it's a good offense)
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk