4th and 1 FFL - $50 entry fee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

4th and 1 FFL - $50 entry fee

Moderator: Football Moderators

4th and 1 FFL - $50 entry fee

Postby RQuinton » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:18 pm

The 4th and 1 Fantasy Football league is looking for one, possibly two people to join. We are a pay league with a $50 entry and use Yahoo since they now added free live scoring. This is my 8th year running a league and I feel we are a laid back, but fairly competent league. Below is a copy of my commissioner statement which details a bit about us, the rules and payout structure. We would love to see a few new faces. If you are interested, please post below or send me a private message. Feel free to ask any questions and I will answer them as quickly as I can.

And yes, I do know we are at the beginning of August now.

We are at the beginning of July and already the excitement for the 2009 football season is building, and that means another season of the 4th and 1 FFL. Last year, the top three teams walked away with $350 in prize money. With a new a payout structure, this year there are even more ways to take home cash prizes!

Last year ended in an exciting finish when 4th and 1 veteran Richmond Riot squared off against newcomer Team Hopkilns for the championship. Are the Riot destined for the first repeat or will they fade into a playoff no show? A good draft, a little luck, a lot of skill and a late TD drive in week 13 can make all the difference in determining who gets the big bucks and who sits on the bench in pain as their money goes to someone else.

This year, the fee to enter the league is going up to $50. Due to the increase in funds collected, the payout structure is being reworked:

1st Place - $200 to be paid at the end of the season
2nd Place - $100 to be paid at the end of the season
3rd Place - $50 to be paid at the end of the season
4th Place - $20 credit to be paid as part of entry fee in the 2010 season. (Note: the payout is forfeit if the 4th place winner does not participate in the 2010 season)

Furthermore, the person with the highest team score for the week will earn $10. That is an extra $130 up for grabs throughout the regular season. And the best part is everyone has a chance each week to win the cash, even if you are in last place. One good game, pocket $10! The money will be paid to each player in a lump sum at the end of the season.

To be included in the 4th and 1 FFL, I must receive your payment at least two weeks before the draft so I have time to replace you if needed. Please, if you are not interested in playing this year, do the league a courtesy and let me know as soon as possible. With that said, I hope everyone returns for another year of 4th and 1!

Our Live Draft will be held on Saturday, August 29th at 6:00PM EST. Your draft position will be randomly selected by Yahoo one hour before the draft begins. The draft is near the end of Preseason Week 3, plenty of time to scope out injured players and get a heads up on possible sleepers. The regular season begins September 10th.

The weekly schedule will also be randomized after the draft through Yahoo.

Please read the new scoring below. The new scoring closely resembles most standard league scoring and will nearly match the majority of preseason strategy magazines, ESPN, Yahoo news reports, and most likely many more, but the preceding is verified. Overall, you will find very little has changed with just a few minor tweaks. The change with the greatest impact is the reduction of PPR down from 1 to .5 points. For the last few years, I have been trying to balance a PPR league while keeping RB’s on equal footing, the balance we had during the year with .5 per reception worked out great. This is still a boon for RB/WR who catch a lot of passes, but doesn't inflate their scores to ridiculous proportions. I have run many tests with the new scoring and liked what I saw. This is the final scoring for the 2009 season, so you can begin to strategize now.

Passing (same as last year):
TD Pass = 4
Every 25 yards passing = 1 point (.2 per 5 yards)
2pt Passing Conversion = 2
Interceptions Thrown = -1

Rushing (same as last year):
Every 10 yards rushing = 1 point (.1 per 1 yard)
Rushing TD = 6
2pt Rushing Conversion = 2

Receiving:
Every 10 receiving yards = 1 point (.1 per 1 yard)
TD Reception = 6
2pt Receiving Conversion = 2
PPR = .5 (down from 1)

Miscellaneous (same as last year):
Fumble Recovered for TD = 6
Each Fumble Lost = -2

Kicking (same as last year):
Each PAT Made = 1
FG Made (0-39 yards) = 3
FG Made (40-49 yards) = 4
FG Made (50+ yards) = 5

Team Defense (Increased scoring from last year)
0 points allowed = 10
2-6 points allowed = 8
7-13 points allowed = 6
14-20 points allowed = 4
21-27 points allowed = 2
28-34 points allowed = 0
35+ points allowed = -4

Each Interception = 2
Each Fumble Recovered = 2
Blocked Punt, PAT or FG = 2
Blocked Punt or FG return for TD = 6
Each Safety = 2
Each Sack = 1
Interception Return TD = 6
Fumble Return TD = 6
Tackle for Loss = .5 (New)

Punt and kick return yards and TD's have been completely dropped. (Yahoo Standard)
RQuinton
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 4th and 1 FFL - $50 entry fee

Postby RQuinton » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:10 am

The league is now full. Thanks to everyone who sent a PM.
RQuinton
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds