Looking for some overall rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Looking for some overall rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Looking for some overall rankings

Postby jwilstx » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:02 pm

I haven't played fantasy football before, but I think I will do one of the free Yahoo public leagues this year. I was just wondering if someone could suggest a site for some overall rankings. I saw the rankings here, but they are for individual players and I'm not sure how they would fit together. It's nice to know Tony Romo is the 8th ranked QB, but where should he be drafted? I guess that's the sort of thing I'm looking for. Or maybe just use the ADP list as a guideline to draft by?
jwilstx
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Looking for some overall rankings

Postby moose_ffc » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Something that uses ADP as one of your indicators can be helpful. Overall rankings and projections can be hard to come by because they take a lot of time. I used to do them all myself, but it became too much of a time suck. Since you are already here, I assume you have covered the available stuff here http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/player_rankings.php. You can try http://www.fftoolbox.com for free rankings because they aren't too bad for free. For a pretty inexpensive option for lots of overall rankings and stuff like that you can try http://www.footballdocs.com . If you want to get in really deep on the information, http://www.footballguys.com isn't bad for a full year subscription.
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BGbootha » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:52 pm

I have been a football guys subscriber for the past 4 years. Def worth the 28 bucks or so, but if you don't want to pay for anything, your best bet would be either here, or fftoolbox.com.

The one thing I would say is NOT to use Yahoo! rankings, they are usually horrible.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:37 am

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D

I would suggest taking a look around here
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby jwilstx » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Has anyone looked at these rankings?

www.junkyardjake.com

It looks like they take the rankings from about 10-12 sources (Yahoo, CBS, Sporting News, etc) and do a consensus ranking.
jwilstx
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dmacblue » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 pm

jwilstx wrote:Has anyone looked at these rankings?

www.junkyardjake.com

It looks like they take the rankings from about 10-12 sources (Yahoo, CBS, Sporting News, etc) and do a consensus ranking.

Welcome to The Cafe......without question the best fantasy resource around.

A few minor quibbles aside (expected with any list), it looks decent enough in a generic sorta way. I've absolutely seen much worse cough Yahoo cough.

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby jwilstx » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:28 am

Maybe that's what I'm looking for, a generic sort of list just to give me a guideline while I draft. I like the idea of putting together a bunch of lists and kind of rounding things out.

Does anything in particular stand out that you'd move around?
jwilstx
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk