Advice for league settings situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Advice for league settings situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

Advice for league settings situation

Postby aerodan » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:25 pm

I am managing a leauge with work coleaues. I have come across a dileman. I am hoping someone has a good way to handle this situation. We have an 8 person keeper leauge in which 2 players are kept from last season. I would like to add 2 new players this year to incease to a 10 person league. I would like to be fair to the new players and the returning ones. How can I handle the defecit of the 2 players for the 2 new squads?
aerodan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Advice for league settings situation

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:41 pm

I say let every owner protect one player.

Than both new owners get to pick one (each) of the 8 players not protected by owners, and one free agent (all but 16 guys assuming you've already declared keepers).

The two owners who get there non-protected player than get to select two new keepers from the FA pool.

That should even things out as far as you possible can without throwing everything in the trash and starting fresh.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Re: Advice for league settings situation

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:52 pm

This is a tough situation because you've got owners from last year who may have designed strategies based on the "2 keeper" rule for the upcoming season. I think if you decide to take away those 2 keepers by whatever measure, somebody is going to be pissed.

Instead of affecting the existing owners in the league, I would look for something that can benefit the newcomers without directly harming an existing owner. How about each existing owner declares his 2 keepers and all the other players get put back in the pool. Then have the two new guys do a serpentine mini-draft where they each make 3 picks (to compensate for the lower quality of keepers they are receiving) and then start off the regular draft in whatever the regular order will be.

Old owners will all get to keep their 2 best players so no one will feel robbed. New guys get an extra pick so they don't whine about getting leftovers. The new guys would lose their picks from the last round.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk