Rankings for Kick and Punt Returners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Rankings for Kick and Punt Returners

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Rankings for Kick and Punt Returners

Postby WebHamster » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:22 am

This thread contains comments on the Cafe's "Rankings for Kick and Punt Returners", which were posted in the Cafe's Player Rankings section by Eli Ricke on August 7, 2009. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rankings for Kick and Punt Returners

Postby brett5673 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:09 am

It should be noted Leon washington will likely not play too much of a factor in the Return game because he is focusing more on just running.
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 204BC » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:18 pm

I wrote this three weeks ago and things change quickly this time of year. I was aware of that possibility which is why I put the "buyer beware" warning on him in the article.
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Boshemy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:37 am

Hey,

I just drafted in a league that counts return yardage. In the final pick I went with Andre Caldwell. For some reason he was ranked higher than Higgens in my board. I looked at the FA list's projections and noticed Higgins. I was about to put in a waiver claim on Higgins, dropping Caldwell.

HOWEVER... For some reason, I believe in the past few days, Higgins was removed from KR/PR on the Oakland depth chart and now is only PR. Caldwell is a KR on the Cincinnatti depth chart (in addition to being 3/4 wr like Higgins, and the teams wildcat QB). Should I stick with Caldwell? Is it worth it to use my #8 waiver claim on Higgins instead?
Boshemy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby 204BC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Like I said earlier, things change quickly this time of year.

It does not surprise me that Higgins is only doing punt return duties. His 23 yard per return average last season isn't the best. He is an awesome punt returner though and should have that locked down. Without the kick return duties his projection should drop significantly.

I'd stick with Caldwell since he does kick returns and will therefore rack up more return yardage over the course of the season.
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:10 pm

I thought it was a good read and if nothing else got me in the returner mindset for who I needed to draft in my league in which for the first time ever is counting return yards. ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:59 pm

I play in a league that counts return TD's for both Team Defense and the individual player. Have any suggestions for me? Hester, of course is a primary target but is there someone else out there? Keep in mind that the PR/KR would be taking up one of my WR slots becease there is no designated KR/PR slot in the roster. In other words, some sort of starting WR or RB that also has a good chance to return some kicks for TD's. Thanks!
urbanbreez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Article Discussions