Let's Talk Kick Returners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Let's Talk Kick Returners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Let's Talk Kick Returners

Postby Timbathia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:15 pm

haveny posted the link, but Eddie Royal isnt even on the Broncos return depth chart. It should be Alphonso Smith getting the gig this season.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby upslogger19 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:06 am

Timbathia wrote:haveny posted the link, but Eddie Royal isnt even on the Broncos return depth chart. It should be Alphonso Smith getting the gig this season.

Thanks, this is the stuff I'm looking for. He was ranked #8 based on last year's return yards, but now he drops significantly.
No drafts yet.
upslogger19
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fn1cn2 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:42 pm

Johnnie Lee Higgins is another guy to keep an eye on. Heyward-Bey and Schilens are probably going to be the top 2 wrs for Oakland, but I think Higgins will do well enough with his returns to make him a useful player.
fn1cn2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby treat24 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Kensat30 wrote:This years #1 kick returner: Percy Harvin

I completely agree if we can get our special teams unit going. They have been notoriously bad in recent years. We have Renaud still who is ok on returns. Percy is only going to be doing kickoffs at the moment. If he goes to doing both, score. There's a chance he'll do neither if he becomes too important in the offense for us. Then again, Chilly still has AD drop back for returns when we need something big to happen, so we'll see. Major possibilities are there. I went to camp, but didn't see any returns. Actually, funny thing... Percy caught ZERO balls, played almost completely with the 3rd team, and when he did get out there with the first team... he ran into AD on a play... got yelled at and walked off. Sage was about a 25% passer and 0% when he had to roll out. This was during the 2nd week of camp. I've heard from friends in Mankato (I used to live in that area as well) that there are many guys in the mix for returning kickoffs and punts, so we'll see how that shapes out. Can't wait to see us in preseason action this weekend... I hope the abysmal looking sage and lack of looks to Percy were just a one day thing. One thing is for sure based on my friends reports from camp... the media is hyping Percy. He looks good, but he does half of what the media says. He'll have a few normal plays, and the media will report how he's uncoverable or something else high praising, etc. Quite funny. I've watched him... He didn't stand out much the day I was there. The media is praising the heck out of the Harvin. I took him in every league though... I love my purple colored glasses in the mid-late rounds. At least I got to chat and hang out with Antoine Winfield that day in the VIP tent (mom in law got me in). Great guy, very nice and down to earth.

I have really been on the Percy Bandwagon recently... too much potential. I couldn't agree more. If he gets a lot of KR shots. If he takes that job outright... I gotta side with Kensat. A lot of potential to be a top WR/KR.

Sidenote: The day I was there, AD was cutting like it was a Madden game. Just ridiculous how someone can move so quick and make a body change direction like that. Doesn't seem possible.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby t2green2 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:35 pm

BTT

Anyone got a spot where Kick and Punt returners might be listed or projected?
t2green2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brett5673 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:22 am

The BEST site by far for seeing Kick returners is Football guys Depth Charts. Its the only site you can trust. Kick return projections are extremely tough, since it is a dangerous thing, and importnt players usually dont want to be risked. Like leon Washington, he no longer will return kicks this year from what i hear, and MJD no, Royal, no, nor Desean Jackson as far as i know. the best guys to find are 2nd RBs with lots of potential, sayy. An Ahmad Bradshaw, or a 3rd WR on a team, like Percy harvin. i have a league that scores 1 point for every 10 KR/PR Yards. And last year I got Johnnie Lee Higgins, Will blackmon, and Eddie Royal. Thats 4 top 15 "WR"s in my league for dirt cheap. No one else payed as much attention as I did, but it payed off
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby southernSteeler » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:06 am

Can someone confirm if Leon Washington is not returning kicks this year?

Also, is Bradshaw going to be returning kicks for the Giants or is Ware? Ware did it tonight, I am wondering if they will hold Bradshaw back from that now.
southernSteeler Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby da bears » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Washington is returning kicks in tonight's game. I see no reason for him to be returning kicks in a pre season game unless he was the actual return man.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Niner Memories » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:45 pm

How about Brian Hartline, MIA WR.

Playing with the first team above Camarillo and Bess, and returns all kicks.

If he gets the starting spot, he could be huge for leagues with return yardage.

Interesting.
Niner Memories
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby hwiggen » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:54 pm

Will Josh Wilson still be returning kicks in Seatle?
How about Felix Jones in Dallas?
Neither of them were listed as KR on the depth charts I looked at.
hwiggen
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk