Vick signs with Eagles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vick signs with Eagles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Vick signs with Eagles

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:57 pm

I can't wait for McNabb to get dinged up and/or play poorly so Vick can get his chance. What a great story, and you just know that McNabb will whine and cry about it to the media like the B* he is. Vick may have done a lot of bad things in his life, but he deserves to go farther than a choker like McNabb. I don't care how talented you are, but some guys are just whiners in life that need to suck it up and give it their all. Guy single handedly drove TO out of town with his attitude and TO was the best chance that this city may get to win a Super Bowl in the next two or three decades. McNabb ruined all of that and if he doesn't like getting taken off the field to get Vick in there (ala Chad Pennington) he will probably sabotage that as well.

McNabb is one of those guys that it's easy to dislike if you get past his media friendly PC fake attitude he sports. Remember the Super Bowl people, remember that this guy has a big gaping hole behind his rib cage where the human HEART would normally go.

PS- 50/50 chance Goodell keeps a diamond studded gold ring in the top drawer of his desk that suspended players must kiss before they get reinstated.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:18 pm

Kensat30 wrote:.

PS- 50/50 chance Goodell keeps a diamond studded gold ring in the top drawer of his desk that suspended players must kiss before they get reinstated.

i was thinking more like this

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:41 pm

moochman wrote:"If Goodell is feeling benevolent."
How on earth does any one man have the right to determine a players future on the whimsy of his 'feelings'? I think if the Kammandant were really cognizant enough about images he should seriously consider establishing a committee designed to deal with player misconduct issues. In fact, the NFLPA should sack-up and insist on this in the new CBA. No one person, especially someone whose interests are not in the players' welfare, but the leagues' image, should have that kind of power.

BTW--Vick should be reinstated at once. Stop playing God-dell, Kammandant, and let my players go!

MOOCH! This isn't the Bash Goodell thread! :-b

Art - which protesters are you talking about? The Eagles brought Vick in 2 weeks ago and had a home game and there hasn't been a major protest, yet, according to Sal Palantonio on ESPN today.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:44 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:You use good logic and make good points. But here's the thing: these people are probably part of group A. However, they also know that it is actually a more productive use of their resources (more publicity) if they protest Vick than if they call up a senator or such. A US senator is not going to care at all about an individual's phone call, or even a small group (unless they put up $$ to back their interests....).

That depends on how you define "productive." If by "productive" they mean getting as many people as possible to see that I don't think the Eagles should have signed Vick, then sure, that's a productive use of resources. But if they actually want to change the system that has led to the result that they are protesting, it's not productive at all. And if there's any hope of Vick becoming a productive member of society, their protests won't help at all either.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby joejlitz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:54 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I can't wait for McNabb to get dinged up and/or play poorly so Vick can get his chance. What a great story, and you just know that McNabb will whine and cry about it to the media like the B* he is. Vick may have done a lot of bad things in his life, but he deserves to go farther than a choker like McNabb. I don't care how talented you are, but some guys are just whiners in life that need to suck it up and give it their all. Guy single handedly drove TO out of town with his attitude and TO was the best chance that this city may get to win a Super Bowl in the next two or three decades. McNabb ruined all of that and if he doesn't like getting taken off the field to get Vick in there (ala Chad Pennington) he will probably sabotage that as well.

McNabb is one of those guys that it's easy to dislike if you get past his media friendly PC fake attitude he sports. Remember the Super Bowl people, remember that this guy has a big gaping hole behind his rib cage where the human HEART would normally go.

What the heck are you talking about? I expect a post like this from a N00B, not someone who usually provides insightful commentary.

McNabb is anything but a whiner. You may not like how well he plays and you can argue that he can't win the big game, but he is anything but a whiner. He remained silent as Rush Limbaugh talked. He remained silent as TO talked. He did all of this to remain a leader of the Eagles. As a leader, myself, I think I am quite qualified to recognize leadership skills in others. If you want to characterize him, do it that way.

TO is a cancer. He drove himself out of Philly. And SF. And Dallas. He is the common denominator in all of those situations, so please - give me a break. Donnie may not be the best QB in the league, but he is the best in the history of this town and he is regularly in the top-10 and in the pro bowl. I'll take that any day. Especially over a convicted felon who will never be a great QB and never be as consistently good as McNabb.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby rb11 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:43 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I can't wait for McNabb to get dinged up and/or play poorly so Vick can get his chance. What a great story, and you just know that McNabb will whine and cry about it to the media like the B* he is. Vick may have done a lot of bad things in his life, but he deserves to go farther than a choker like McNabb. I don't care how talented you are, but some guys are just whiners in life that need to suck it up and give it their all. Guy single handedly drove TO out of town with his attitude and TO was the best chance that this city may get to win a Super Bowl in the next two or three decades. McNabb ruined all of that and if he doesn't like getting taken off the field to get Vick in there (ala Chad Pennington) he will probably sabotage that as well.

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t x10^99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
rb11
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:.

i was thinking more like this

I have no idea how to respond to this..., other than to laugh.

I agree with Kenstat on McFlabb. The man is soft. But I disagree with the bit about his PC face. McNabb would actually have to stand for something to be PC.

I see Vick is due back by week three. How arbitrary and perfectly Goodellian. I guess that is where he "Master of Justice" dart landed.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:52 am

Vick was booed everytime he took the field last night. In New York. I didn't expect that national public opinion would manifest this way during the games. Hopefully, Vick blocks it out and opposing fans get tired of this by the middle of the season.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:36 am

joejlitz wrote:Vick was booed everytime he took the field last night. In New York. I didn't expect that national public opinion would manifest this way during the games. Hopefully, Vick blocks it out and opposing fans get tired of this by the middle of the season.

I think that very point is why Goodell should have reinstated Vick immediately. Allow for the fan enthusiasm of the start of a new season mute out some of the vitriol that would be otherwise unleashed (sorry, can't help myself) on Vick. Instead the Kammandant has made week 3 a special day for Vick protestors to have all to their own. Sometimes it amazes me at how simplisticly stupid power crazed arrogance can make a person.

How well did Vick play?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:32 am

moochman wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Vick was booed everytime he took the field last night. In New York. I didn't expect that national public opinion would manifest this way during the games. Hopefully, Vick blocks it out and opposing fans get tired of this by the middle of the season.

I think that very point is why Goodell should have reinstated Vick immediately. Allow for the fan enthusiasm of the start of a new season mute out some of the vitriol that would be otherwise unleashed (sorry, can't help myself) on Vick. Instead the Kammandant has made week 3 a special day for Vick protestors to have all to their own. Sometimes it amazes me at how simplisticly stupid power crazed arrogance can make a person.

How well did Vick play?

Not well. Two turnovers, recovered another one of his own fumbles and got sacked for a loss of over 20 yards as he tried to make magic. He scored a rushing TD and had a 3rd and 1 rush for a 1st down, but otherwise not well. It's still early and he'll get more practice and his speed and endurance back, so I'm not worried about that, but he has always had a ceiling as to well he could play QB. I think that ceiling will be a lot lower this year, though - even if McNabb gets hurt and Vick becomes the undisputed starter, Vick will cap out below expectations.

On the other hand - please stop turning this into a rant on Goodell thread. Everytime you post in here you rant on him. You turn fans booing him into Goodell's fault? And if he gets injured it will be Goodell's fault for not letting him come back sooner. And if he throws an INT it will be Goodell's fault. Dude - give it a rest. I've never seen so much hate.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk