Vick signs with Eagles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vick signs with Eagles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Vick signs with Eagles

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:49 am

It's probably going to take awhile to get up to game speed. We had a great RB in high school, just a beast who hit like a freight train. Hurt his back before the first game and came back mid-season. It took him three games to get back to form. And he was 18. At Vick's age, it will take time to shake off the rust and recapture the timing.

I don't hate Goodell, BTW. I only post about him to point out the folley of his actions and becuase I truly feel that his actions represents a hatred of the owners toward highly paid athletes who aren't like them. Which means almost all of them. There just seems to be such wide acceptane of NFL policy on player conduct that it approaches lemming level.
I have tried not to make it a hate-filled personal attack on Goodell, and I don't recall ever having done so. (though I do get carried away at times so an attack on the image may have looked like an attack on the person) Will I stop? As long as there are people out there who talk about it, I will probably express an opinon. Since the crap Vick is going to face in week three will be more than he would in week one, I felt that it wasn't unwarranted to point that out, and the neededlessness of his prolonged league suspension. I'll stop posting in here, sorry to upset you. Also disregard my dig on Goodell specifically for you to see in the Skin suit thread. It was good natured and as you've already stated, overdone.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:57 pm

One of the reasons for the week 3 comeback could be to steal headlines from the MLB playoffs.
KCollins1304
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:05 pm

moochman wrote:I'll stop posting in here, sorry to upset you. Also disregard my dig on Goodell specifically for you to see in the Skin suit thread. It was good natured and as you've already stated, overdone.

I'm not upset. Just trying to save your soul before you say too much. :-)

As for the dig in the Skin thread, I saw it and thought it was funny. ;-D

Note: As for the MLB playoffs, I don't think so. First, the NFL owns the MLB in terms of viewership. 2nd, the two leagues seem to have a good relationship - meaning that the NFL cancels Sunday night football during the World Series so as not to steal ratings.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Last year's thread:
OK - here's my opinion. Vick does not need to be a starting QB right now, because he does not need to be a leader right now. Vick needs to get himself together off the field and ease himself back into the sport. He needs to solidify a positive reputation. And he doesn't need the stress of being a team leader while he is doing that. For Vick to succeed as a person, he needs to be surrounded by veteran teammates and veteran leadership who can help him mature on and off the field. He can learn a ton from McNabb in terms of being a QB and not just a playmaker.

Yes - he could go and start for a handful of teams right now, but I think this is the perfect fit for him to ensure he matures as a person and a player. In 2 years, when his contract is up, he will likely go and start for someone else and hopefully he will have learned enough by then to succeed on his own and stay out of trouble.

Whoever said this was a smart guy. Vick is tearing up the league right now (in general) and Washington (in particular).
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Flyn high again » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:27 pm

The Vick we are seeing tonight is a completely different guy from the Vick of a few years ago. His maturity is obvious. I think the combo of prison and getting sandwiched at the goal line a month ago have changed Vick for the better. I'd hate to be a DEF coordinator and have to figure out how to stop him and Coach Klein.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby HoldMyOwn » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:35 am

so who felt they had the week wrapped and got crushed by Vick? I got nervous when the guy put up 40 by the first half and I figured he was gonna push 60, but luckily my team hang on and I won by 3. What a night for MNF
HoldMyOwn
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Azrael » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:23 am

Was that the single greatest fantasy performance ever? 333yds passing and 4TDs, 80 yards rushing and 2TDs = 57 points in standard leagues. I know Manning and Brady have accounted for 6TDs in games in recent years but the 80 yards rushing I think puts Vick over the top.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:43 pm

Azrael wrote:Was that the single greatest fantasy performance ever? 333yds passing and 4TDs, 80 yards rushing and 2TDs = 57 points in standard leagues. I know Manning and Brady have accounted for 6TDs in games in recent years but the 80 yards rushing I think puts Vick over the top.

49.32 in standard = 25 pass = 1, 10 rush/rec = 1, pass TD = 4, rush/rec TD = 6

Best QB performance of all time.

I was looking last night, best performance I found was Clinton Portis week 14 2003, 218 rushing, 5 TD, 36 rec = 55.4 in standard.

Read on Yahoo today, that YA Tittle held the record for QB w/ 505 passing, 7 passing TD, 1 rush yard = 48.3 standard.

Mark Rypien in 91 - 442 passing, 6 passing TD, 1 rushing TD considered "fantasy football era" QB record (prior to last night) = 47.68 standard

Best fantasy performance of all time (again, prior to "fantasy era") belongs to Houston's Billy Cannon back in 61 - 216 rushing, 3 TD, 114 rec., 2 TD = 63 standard.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/ro ... asy-285986
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:46 pm

I was considering a 6pt passing TD when I came up with 57, though I understand alot of leagues still use 4pt passing TDs.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk