Weirdest Draft Picks You've Seen This Year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Weirdest Draft Picks You've Seen This Year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Weirdest Draft Picks You've Seen This Year

Postby Oatsdad » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:04 pm

I just completed a points league draft. With the second pick overall, the player chose ELI MANNING! Eli's a good player, but with the SECOND pick?

And it got weirder from there:

2nd round: Vincent Jackson
3rd round: Santana Moss
4th round: Santonio Holmes
5th round: Jeremy Shockey
6th round: Matt Bryant
7th round: Pittsburgh DEF
8th round: Joseph Addai

That's right: this guy chose a kicker, a TE and a DEF before he bothered to get a RB!

I've been playing fantasy sports for years and I've never seen anything like this. Maybe this was an autodraft that went terribly awry.

What are some other seriously puzzling draft picks people have seen this year?
Oatsdad
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Weirdest Draft Picks You've Seen This Year

Postby lacunacoiler » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:20 pm

your not the only one who had that kind of draft..

this guy in one of my live drafts had a name of "Colts R Champs09" and he drafted:
1st= peyton manning
2nd= reggie wayne
3rd= dallas clarke
4th= joseph addai
5th= adam vinatieri (i drafted anthony gonzalez before his turn, just to mess with him.. he got angry to me about it)
6th= donald brown
7th= colts D
lacunacoiler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Oatsdad » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:28 pm

lacunacoiler wrote:your not the only one who had that kind of draft..

this guy in one of my live drafts had a name of "Colts R Champs09" and he drafted:
1st= peyton manning
2nd= reggie wayne
3rd= dallas clarke
4th= joseph addai
5th= adam vinatieri (i drafted anthony gonzalez before his turn, just to mess with him.. he got angry to me about it)
6th= donald brown
7th= colts D

Heh - that's pretty funny about Gonzalez! ;-D

That Colts guy is a kook, but at least his plan made sense - in a weird way. The guy in my league calls himself "NyFanJets09" - but he didn't take a single Jet. Strange stuff! %-6
Oatsdad
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:23 pm

Tony Romo at 1.05 in a 16 team league. Slightly baffling as this league is supposed to be FF veterans.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Crazed98 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:27 pm

1st= peyton manning
2nd= reggie wayne
3rd= dallas clarke
4th= joseph addai
6th= donald brown
7th= colts D

You should dangle Gonxalez in front of him with trade proposals all season lol.
Crazed98
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Oatsdad » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 pm

Crazed98 wrote:

1st= peyton manning
2nd= reggie wayne
3rd= dallas clarke
4th= joseph addai
6th= donald brown
7th= colts D

You should dangle Gonxalez in front of him with trade proposals all season lol.

But there's no one he'd be able to get for Gonzalez! I'd be curious to see what the rest of the "Colts" team is like...
Oatsdad
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Ek » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:58 pm

A guy in my keeper league had the 3rd and 5th overall pick and was keeping Matt Ryan, Ryan Grant and Marshawn Lynch. With the third pick, he takes Jay Cutler, and Devin Hester 5th. Oh, and in case you're wondering, this is not a 2 QB league.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Chibears » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:50 pm

I got in free CBS league this year. Was thinking draft was Saturday when it was really Friday. It autodrafted for me but I didn't even have rank list organized yet. It took Peyton Manning for me at pick 9 round 1 and then took the Steelers D with pick 16....ahead of Steven Jackson! 12 team league. Doh! Manning, I can live with but I NEVER take a QB in 1st round. Steeler pick, while ranked #1 D, still killed me. Got so frustrated by my dunder move that I joined NFL.com league. That draft was tonite. Get this....I picked 1st in 12 team league.....got the world in front of me. Peterson, MJD, Forte, Turner, SJax, anybody. Somehow I picked Tom Brady #1! Had been looking at QB's to put in the queue and had just switched over to RB's to draft one of them #1 when it said my pick was Brady. All other picks went OK but man oh man...that hurts! My top RB in both leagues is Pierre Thomas. Arghhhh!!!!!! :~( Don't get me wrong, I won't drop the ball on these leagues cause I didn't get the players I want but I tell you now.....

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE AN AUCTION!!!!!! Been doing auction keeper league sine 1989 and it blows drafts away.

Good luck to all this year.

PS...I'm keeping Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, Anquan Boldin and Brandon Marshall this year in keeper auction league for CHEAP! ;-D 12 man rosters, can keep 4. Gotta throw Gore and Turner back in the pool. :,-(
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller
WR - Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Phil Dawson
D/ST - Seahawks
Chibears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby mattb47 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:59 pm

There's one guy making weird picks in the Cafe vs. FleaFlicker League we're doing the draft of now...alot of his picks are just pure headscratchers. It's a 16 team league and here are some of the picks he made:

1.05 - Tony Romo (2nd QB off the board)
3.05 - Roy Williams (ahead of Roddy White, Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Housh, TO, etc)
4.12 - Darren Sproles
7.05 - Kevin Boss (Zach Miller, Chris Cooley, Kellen Winslow and others still on the board)
9.05 - Brady Quinn
10.12 - Mewelde Moore
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:01 pm

Terrible, just terrible.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk