Waiver Wire - 2009 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Waiver Wire - 2009

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Waiver Wire - 2009

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:51 pm

stomperrob wrote:In reading over all the threads here, I'm still unclear as to how FA/WW pickups work after the rookie draft is over???
:-?

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Hey everyone. The rookie draft is winding down and Abe PMed me this question:

onnestabe wrote:So once the fleafflicker rosters are all updated after the rookie draft, will free agent pickups be done on fleaflicker's website or will they still be done on the cafe? I've got a lot of dead weight on my roster, and I just want to make sure I know where I'm supposed to be submitting these requests before we get to that point.

Thanks,
-Abe

Here is dream's post from last year regarding waivers/FA pickups:

dream_017 wrote:Initial Waiver Wire Process

OK, in order to do things the way we had hoped, the initial process is going to be a little different that first discribed. Currently all players not on an active roster are placed on waivers. ANY claim for a player should be sent (PM) to me. I am not putting in any claims in the initial process so there will be no conflict of interest. I will process the waivers as discribed in the rules (1 per team in reverse of final standings from last year) You can however claim and receive more than 1 player, but after the first player you will be placed to the end of the line. Please send me your requests in order of preference. After all claims are processed at noon on Wednesday, We will open up the site and players will become available on first come first serve basis. Remember you must also drop a player in order to pick up a new player. Any questions please let either myself or FNJ know.

Last year our cutdown date was before the start of the 1st Thursday game of the season. That's the date that all rosters need to be cut down to 25. I suggest that we do the same thing this year. You'll notice that for waivers you must drop a player when you add a player. We're going to have to cutdown to 25 anyway, so that's the reason for that part of the rule.

Last year we opened up the PM part of the priority waiver process on Sunday 8/26. This year that Sunday will fall on 8/24. This gives us plenty of time (before the cutdown date) to hold the priority waivers...and have some 1st come 1st serve time as well.

Like dream said in last years' post, please PM dream or myself (or post here!) if you have any questions/problems. The initial waiver priority will be the same as the rookie draft order (inverse of standings). ;-D

FNJ

Paul

Thread:

viewtopic.php?t=390310

This will be done sometime in late August/early September before the season starts. The only thing different is that last year the PM's were sent to me instead of dream. I sent mine to dream so that someone has a record of my pickups. Then I was able to process everything on fleaflicker.

Here's the long version of the PM waiver requests:

WAIVERS
During the Weekend Waiver Period, all owners that want to put in a claim for any player will PM me their request. If I want to put in a claim for any player I will PM Dream_017 my request. All requests will have "Weekend Waiver Request" as the title of the PM. Dream_017 & I will not be allowed to read these requests until after the Weekend Waiver Period is over (Tuesday, Midnight (EST)). Everyone that puts in a Weekend Waiver Request will know that Dream_017 & I didn't read the request early because the PM will still be in everyones outbox. This ensures that all requests will remain private.

Once the Weekend Waiver Period is over, the owner who had the highest priority gets the requested player. This owner can now go to yahoo to officially add the player to his team and drop a player (to keep a legal roster).

If you want to make a request for more than 1 player, put the players in priority order in the PM, based on your preference of which one is highest on your priority list. If one owner puts in multiple requests over the Weekend Waiver Period, the 1st player listed/requested will be the 1st player considered as far as waiver priority goes. Once you use your first claim, that moves you to the back of the line for your #2 waiver claim.

Once the Weekend Waiver Period ends (12:01 EST Wednesday Morning), all unpicked players become free agents and can be picked up on a 1st come 1st serve basis until the next Weekend Waiver Period begins.

Thread:

viewtopic.php?t=255931

Long story short is that towards the end of August (8/23 would be the Sunday that we've done it in the past...exact date to be determined.) everyone will PM me a list of FA waiver requests in the priority that they want the players. The title of the PM will have "waiver request" or something in the title so I know not to open any of these PM's until the deadline. Everyone can see that I didn't open the PM because it'll still be in their outbox until I open it. This ensures that if I put in any requests...I don't see anyone elses. If I have any requests, they'll be PMed to dream so someone has a record of my requests before the deadline.

After the deadline I manually process the pickups on fleaflicker based on waiver priority. The waiver priority order is the same as the rookie draft order. Then after the priority waivers are processed, we'll have a date where we'll open up 1st come 1st serve for a little bit before the season starts.
;-D

PM or post if you have any questions. We have months before this gets going so we have plenty of time to make sure that everyone understands the priority waiver process. ;-D

Here's the post that I posted in the rookie draft commentary thread. If noone has any objections, I'm going to change the date of the waiver request deadline to Thursday, August 27th. This will still give us one week of 1st come 1st serve before the season starts. I wanted to do it on Sunday, August 23rd, but I've been so busy with other stuff & I feel a 1 week reminder is too soon. This will give us 1.5 weeks to finalize our waiver requests.

Everyone will PM me their requests before Thursday (8/27). Please put something like "Flex-Factor Waiver Requests" in the title of the PM. This way I know not to open the PM until Thursday (8/27). On that date I'll manually make all the add/drops on fleaflicker & open it up for 1st come 1st serve.

Everyone will need to have their rosters at 30 or below by the start of the 1st Thursday night game (8/3). You don't have to make any PM waiver requests if you don't want to. Last year Kilroy & I were the only owners that made any.

As always, please PM myself and/or dream if you have any questions. Also, please let me know if there's anyone that hasn't logged into fleaflicker yet. I can send another invite if necessary. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Waiver Wire - 2009

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:30 pm

I just checked fleaflicker and Waterboy is the only owner that hasn't logged in yet. Please let me know if you need another invite. I'll send another anyway. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:32 pm

stomper brought up a good question:

stomperrob wrote:I'm not 100% clear, but then I'm getting old, when we send you our waiver requests, do we also include who we wanna drop for that player, or do we just send who we want and then make our own drops after to bring our rosters down to 30?

~Thanx, Rob ;-D

In the past, at this point we were all over the roster limit of 25. We required everyone to include a "drop" with their "add" request...since we all had to cutdown by the beginning of the season anyway.

Since we expanded our rosters to 30, some people are under & some people are at the roster limit. Here is the # of players on each roster:

Me: 30
bungle: 30
Seawolf: 30
dream: 29
stomper: 29
mooch: 29
madas: 29
water boy: 29
Crime: 29
Dolfin: 28
onnestabe: 28
Kilroy: 27

Here's what we'll do for this year only.

Myself, bungle, & Seawolf are all at 30 players (roster limit). The 3 of us must include a "drop" with each "add" that we request.

dream, stomper, mooch, madas, water boy, & Crime are all at 29 players. These 6 owners will be allowed to make 1 "add" request without a "drop" (gets them to 30), then each "add" request must include a "drop".

Dolfin & onnestabe are both at 28, so they'll be allowed to make 2 "add" requests without a "drop" before having a "drop" required.

Kilroy is at 27 so he'll be allowed 3 "add" requests without a "drop" before having a "drop" being required.

Fleaflicker doesn't allow more than 30 players on a roster, so this is the main reason why I think this is the best way to do this for this year.

Then next year we'll go back to a "drop" being required with each "add" request...since we'll all be over the roster limit at this point next year.

Sound good? :-?

flotsamnjetsam

Postby onnestabe » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:14 am

Sounds good to me... ;-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:23 am

OK everyone. I processed the priority waivers on fleaflicker & FCFS waivers is now open on fleaflicker. I also adjusted the waiver priority order to reflect all the priority waiver moves made. ;-D

Last year we only had Kilroy & myself put in any waiver priority claims...this year we had 6 people put in claims! Great job everyone! That's the kind of activity that I like to see. :-)

Here's the breakdown. The order was the same as the rookie draft order:

Round 1
1. stomper adds: Javon Ringer - RB, TEN; no drop
2. bungle adds: Josh Morgan - WR, SF; drops Marvin Harrison - WR, FA
3. abe adds: Byron Leftwich - QB, TB; no drop
4. Crime adds: Michael Vick - QB, PHI; no drop
5. FNJ: adds: Kenny Phillips - DB, NYG; drops Brodie Croyle - QB, KC
6. Kilroy: adds: Daunte Culpepper - QB, DET; drops Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB, BUF

Round 2
1. stomper adds: Brent Celek - TE, PHI; drops Dante Rosario - TE, CAR
2. bungle adds: Justin Gage - WR, TEN; drops Plaxico Burress - WR, FA
3. abe adds: Chris Brown - RB, HOU; no drop
4. Crime adds: Earl Bennett - WR, CHI; drops Rudi Johnson - RB, DET
5. FNJ adds: Darryl Tapp - DE, SEA; drops Phil Dawson - K, CLE
6. Kilroy: adds: Chris Henry - WR, CIN; drops Gerald Hayes - LB, AZ

Round 3
1. stomper adds: Keenan Burton - WR, STL; drops Donte Stallworth - WR, CLE
2. bungle adds: Justin Forsett - RB, SEA; drops Andre Brown - RB, NYG
3. abe adds: Chaz Schilens - WR, OAK; drops Kellen Clemens - QB, NYJ
4. Kilroy adds: Bernard Pollard - DB, KC; drops Sean Jones - DB, PHI

Round 4
1. stomper adds: Michael Griffin - DB, TEN; drops Charles Woodson - DB, GB
2. abe adds: Bart Scott - LB, NYJ; drops Vince Young - QB, TEN

Round 5
1. stomper adds: Aaron Brown - RB, DET; drops Maurice Morris - RB, DET
2. abe adds: Robert Meachem - WR, NO; drops Matt Jones - WR, FA

Round 6
1. stomper adds: Arian Foster - RB, HOU; drops Ryan Torain - RB, FA

Round 7
1. stomper adds Travis Beckum - TE, NYG; drops Antwaan Randle El - WR, WAS

****Arian Foster is not in fleaflicker yet. :-t I'll add him to your roster as soon as fleaflicker adds him. :-/ ;-D

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post here or PM me. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:13 am

Great job gettin' that done so fast flots! And yeh, decided to do a major rebuild on this team I took over!!!
;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:46 am

stomperrob wrote:Great job gettin' that done so fast flots! And yeh, decided to do a major rebuild on this team I took over!!!
;-D ;-D

Thanks! Not a problem at all. Big THANKS to those who put in claims for making your instructions VERY easy to follow. ;-D ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:18 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:****Arian Foster is not in fleaflicker yet. :-t I'll add him to your roster as soon as fleaflicker adds him. :-/ ;-D

Arian Foster has been added to your roster. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby stomperrob » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:05 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:****Arian Foster is not in fleaflicker yet. :-t I'll add him to your roster as soon as fleaflicker adds him. :-/ ;-D

Arian Foster has been added to your roster. ;-D

Thanx! ;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League