Tom Cable punches Assistant and Breaks His Jaw - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tom Cable punches Assistant and Breaks His Jaw

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tom Cable punches Assistant and Breaks His Jaw

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:32 pm

Word around here is Oak Raiders Coach Tom Cable has punched an assistant and broken his Jaw. 8-o

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:01 pm EDT

Report: Raiders coach Tom Cable punches, breaks jaw of assistant

By Chris Chase
An NFL coach reportedly punched an assistant in the face and broke his jaw. I'd give you three guesses as to whom, but I'm pretty sure you'd only need one.

Fanhouse reports that Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable punched defensive assistant Randy Hanson earlier this month during an altercation at the team's training facility in Napa, Calif. Hanson was taken to the hospital and suffered a broken jaw, but declined to press charges.

Police wouldn't identify the victim or attacker for confidentiality reasons (even though a spokesman had no problem talking at length about the incident), but FanHouse quotes a "well-placed source" that says of the attacker:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl,183399

Whats the over under on games suspended? 2?
Last edited by Cowboys 4 life on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Tom Cable punches Assistant

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:35 pm

Because Hanson's jaw was broken, that makes it a felony assault in California. League will have to take a serious look at it.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Re: Tom Cable punches Assistant and Breaks His Jaw

Postby dgan » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:56 pm

Just win baby! :-o
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby biju » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:04 pm

After that ridiculous 2008 campaign he should be happy he can still procreate. :-D

But seriously, I'd be friggin pissed if someone at work punched me. Of course, I probably outweigh most of those guys by 50 pounds so they probably wouldn't try it to begin with...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:04 pm

... Micromanage, LIKE A BOSS ... punching my assistants LIKE A BOSS!! :-b
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:32 am

stomperrob wrote:Because Hanson's jaw was broken, that makes it a felony assault in California. League will have to take a serious look at it.

And yet, strangely, he won't press charges.

He was almost certainly threatened by the organization to be fired if he presses charges, which is pretty BS.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:24 am

34=Sweetness wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Because Hanson's jaw was broken, that makes it a felony assault in California. League will have to take a serious look at it.

He was almost certainly threatened by the organization to be fired if he presses charges, which is pretty BS.

Hanson is probably working on the details of a juicey severence package with Kryptkeeper Davis.
Or maybe he will be named head coach by mid-season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:17 am

Whatever happens, Cable should be fired, IMO. Yes, football is a testosteroned filled sport and I am not against players fighting each other in training camp or against opponents on the field. I've got a sick view that that is all part of the competition process. But in no way, should a head coach be able to punch a subordinate in the mouth and break his jaw. Guy will probably be fired and black-balled for a while, and then "forced" to accept a job as a positions coach when he comes back.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:37 am

joejlitz wrote: But in no way, should a head coach be able to punch a subordinate

Yep. Goodyell doesn't have much choice but to step in here and bust him. When was the last time a coach took a swing at someone... Buddy Ryan?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:16 pm

moochman wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:

Hanson is probably working on the details of a juicey severence package with Kryptkeeper Davis.
Or maybe he will be named head coach by mid-season.

I wouldn't press charges. If im stupid enough to already be on the Raiders staff i have one thing going for me...chances are by mid season I will have a resume builder for becoming the head coach.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Next

Return to Football Talk