Tom Cable punches Assistant and Breaks His Jaw - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tom Cable punches Assistant and Breaks His Jaw

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Tom Cable punches Assistant and Breaks His Jaw

Postby 2ksports » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:47 pm

another day in Raiders camp. Move along guys
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:03 pm

Maybe Cable is the type of guy that will change this franchise around.

The Oakland organization has a deep rooted disease in their culture. It permeates down from the top, to the coaches, to the staff, and to the players. That's the reason why Oakland gets called for the most penalties year in and year out. That is why stars from other organizations come to Oakland to fail and players leaving Oakland flourish. Get a guy in there willing to mix it up, change some attitudes, and not stand for the crap that has been the company line for the past decade, and I think you're going in the right direction.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:19 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Maybe Cable is the type of guy that will change this franchise around.

The Oakland organization has a deep rooted disease in their culture. It permeates down from the top, to the coaches, to the staff, and to the players. That's the reason why Oakland gets called for the most penalties year in and year out. That is why stars from other organizations come to Oakland to fail and players leaving Oakland flourish. Get a guy in there willing to mix it up, change some attitudes, and not stand for the crap that has been the company line for the past decade, and I think you're going in the right direction.

I"ll buy this. In fact, it's the reason (in my opinion) that Jordan and Moss (especially Moss) were such busts in Oakland. I remember hearing Moss say (and I don't remember the exact words) something about why would he give 100% effort every play when he knows that the rest of the team doesn't really care either.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:28 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Maybe Cable is the type of guy that will change this franchise around.

I"ll buy this. In fact, it's the reason (in my opinion) that Jordan and Moss (especially Moss) were such busts in Oakland. I remember hearing Moss say (and I don't remember the exact words) something about why would he give 100% effort every play when he knows that the rest of the team doesn't really care either.

Which makes me thing that there is no hope for the Raidahs as long as Davis is ruining things. The dude that Cable decked, Hason, was the same guy who Kiffen had trouble with. So why wasn't he fired? And why will Davis fire him now? If he doesn't get terminated there will still be a devisive force on the staff and the players who need strong leadership will falter, ala Moss.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby iky » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:44 pm

This is not surprising. That organization is equivalent to Gallagher - "Not even funny" I think Traiders should compete with Clippers in a disaster ship of sports.

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Tom Cable punches Assistant

Postby spodog » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Because Hanson's jaw was broken, that makes it a felony assault in California. League will have to take a serious look at it.

And yet, strangely, he won't press charges.

He was almost certainly threatened by the organization to be fired if he presses charges, which is pretty BS.

C'mon, guys. If Pitino's assistant in Kentucky can watch the door while his boss slips some chick the sausage, and then later MARRY her to keep her quiet, the least this Raiders lackey can do is take one on the chin for his boss the Cablemeister! 8-o
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:40 pm

This is pretty silly logic: the man, by multiple accounts - sucker punched an employee, fracturing his jaw. I also heard he may have flipped him out of his chair and hit his face on a cabinet, fracturing his jaw.

Absolutely inexcusable behavior from a head coach.

The only thing that is going to improve Oakland is Al Davis's death.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby biju » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:01 am

34=Sweetness wrote:

This is pretty silly logic: the man, by multiple accounts - sucker punched an employee, fracturing his jaw. I also heard he may have flipped him out of his chair and hit his face on a cabinet, fracturing his jaw.

You mean....that thing is ALIVE? :-o :-o :-o :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:24 am

34=Sweetness wrote:

At the risk of sounding unpolitically correct, maybe the dude deserved to be punched.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby octagon999 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:39 am

Wish he woulda punched Al Davis instead.
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk