Tom Cable punches Assistant and Breaks His Jaw - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tom Cable punches Assistant and Breaks His Jaw

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Tom Cable punches Assistant and Breaks His Jaw

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:08 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Maybe Cable is the type of guy that will change this franchise around.

The Oakland organization has a deep rooted disease in their culture. It permeates down from the top, to the coaches, to the staff, and to the players. That's the reason why Oakland gets called for the most penalties year in and year out. That is why stars from other organizations come to Oakland to fail and players leaving Oakland flourish. Get a guy in there willing to mix it up, change some attitudes, and not stand for the crap that has been the company line for the past decade, and I think you're going in the right direction.

This is pretty silly logic: the man, by multiple accounts - sucker punched an employee, fracturing his jaw. I also heard he may have flipped him out of his chair and hit his face on a cabinet, fracturing his jaw.

Absolutely inexcusable behavior from a head coach.

The only thing that is going to improve Oakland is Al Davis's death.

At the risk of sounding unpolitically correct, maybe the dude deserved to be punched.

And to go well beyond PC, I think there is room in football for coaches and players belting eachother. Not a big fan of sucker punches, but also have little sympathy for mouthy malcontents who don't grow eyes in the back of their heads.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:02 am

when you say mouthy malcontents, are you referring to players or coaches?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:57 pm

joejlitz wrote:when you say mouthy malcontents, are you referring to players or coaches?

I guess I have a hierarchal view on sports. Coaches hit coaches, player hit players, fans hit fans. But on all levels, mouthy malcontents should know that in a testosterone-driven, violent sport as football that payback is a clenched fist away.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk