Footballdocs' tier system looks wrong - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Footballdocs' tier system looks wrong

Moderator: Football Moderators

Footballdocs' tier system looks wrong

Postby Sting129 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:21 pm

I'm a big fan of tier-based drafting, so I'm familiar with the work on footballdocs and baseballdocs (both are great sites). However, this was the first time I purchased the draft advisor and after running the software I noticed something odd; the tiers seem way too broad. In the RB category, there are 14 players in the top tier (dark red). It starts with Adrian Peterson and ends with Ronnie Brown. Doesn't this seem off? Shouldn't the top tier be AP/Turner/Forte/MJD, then another tier with other top 10 guys, and then more tiers after that?

The same goes for WRs, except it's a little better because you do have some separation with Fitzgerald, Calvin, Wayne, and Moss in the top tier. However, the next tier (bright red) has about 30 guys in it from Andre Johnson (barely not in the first tier) to Percy Harvin (barely draftable).

I mean, the end result if you look at the overall top 450 are tiers that have about 30 guys in them. The 2nd tier (bright red) has Andre Johnson, Jerious Norwood, and Chris Cooley.

This can't possibly be by design, can it? I only ask because I've used the baseballdocs tiers to destroy opponents so I know the value in these things, but something seems wrong. Hopefully it's just user error.

Is anyone else using this, and if so are your tiers as broad as mine are?
Sting129
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Footballdocs' tier system looks wrong

Postby shawngee03 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:37 pm

i dont use either of those sites...but by your description...yes those are too broad

i liek having only the elite of the elite in my first tier. then about 8-10 guys in the 2nd tier that i wouldnt mind as my number 1 if i get an elite from another position...then about 10 guys in each following tier

i have no idea how andre johnson isnt in tier 1...he is arguably the number 1 overall

and having him and harvin in the same tier is laughable. imo...tiers are suppose to mean that you wouldnt mind having anyone from that tier....of course some are better tahn others...but all are about the same value. andre is not about the same value as harvin. one is your WR1...the other your WR4 or 5
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk