Where are Yahoo winner leagues? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where are Yahoo winner leagues?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where are Yahoo winner leagues?

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:41 pm

I'm trying to sign up for a Yahoo winner league (I won one public league last year), but when I select "live draft", there are no dates/times available. What gives? Do I have to choose autodraft if I'm going to sign up for one of these? Any info is appreciated.
jackie hayes
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where are Yahoo winner leagues?

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:25 pm

They probably ran out of winner leagues, it has happened to me before.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 pm

I think I remember once, when I was trying to sign up for a baseball winner league, there being no slots available. But I thought they opened up a couple more, then (at least, I ended up getting into one league). But I've been trying for a while (off and over over the last week or two), and nothing's ever there.
jackie hayes
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby fezzik » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:20 pm

jackie hayes wrote:I'm trying to sign up for a Yahoo winner league (I won one public league last year), but when I select "live draft", there are no dates/times available. What gives? Do I have to choose autodraft if I'm going to sign up for one of these? Any info is appreciated.

I think they open them in waves. Another set should be opened up sometime. At least that's how it works for baseball. If you need some opened up, you could probably PM Fantasy Sports Genie. He works at yahoo and manually opened up some more times for us baseball guys. It's more limited than standard leagues, because they want to fill up all the leagues with qualified teams...but not everyone wants to draft at the same time. So they offer limited slots at first and make sure they fill up. Once they do they should put out some more times. I'd keep checking each day or contact Genie.
I only dog paddle...
fezzik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:42 pm

Yup. We need to always be careful not to put out too many winner slots at once, or the limited set of people who are allowed to play winners spread themselves out too thinly, and then the leagues don't have enough to draft. So we dole those slots out sparingly. Obviously if you found 0, that is too sparingly heh... this year has been tough to schedule. People keep grabbing up the winner slots in bursts. I'll make some more for tomorrow to be safe.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby jackie hayes » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:16 am

Thanks, Genie. Got into one today.

Mostly, I was trying to get one scheduled before the season's underway. I don't mind having to schedule one a bit in advance, but I waited too long to sign up for the baseball one and missed the first week. Just trying to avoid that.
jackie hayes
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk