Updated 2009 Cafe Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Updated 2009 Cafe Rankings

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Updated 2009 Cafe Rankings

Postby WebHamster » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:34 pm

This thread contains comments on the Cafe's "Updated 2009 Cafe Rankings", which were posted in the Cafe's Player Rankings section by R.J. White on August 19, 2009. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Updated 2009 Cafe Rankings

Postby bungle613 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:12 am

R.J. I don't think you get enough credit for taking on all this stuff... so.... ;-D

Sorry, man best I can do. They should make a smilie with a bigger thumb. Very good job this year in getting everything put together.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:37 am

bungle613 wrote:R.J. I don't think you get enough credit for taking on all this stuff... so.... ;-D

Sorry, man best I can do. They should make a smilie with a bigger thumb. Very good job this year in getting everything put together.

Thank you kind sir.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby pappymojo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:30 am

I think the rankings need a date to indicate when they were last updated. The title says "Updated Rankings" but how useful is that to me if they were created three weeks ago?
'nuff said
pappymojo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby daullaz » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:31 pm

pappymojo wrote:I think the rankings need a date to indicate when they were last updated. The title says "Updated Rankings" but how useful is that to me if they were created three weeks ago?

The date appears in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Catbird » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:18 pm

I play in a league where kickers are awarded points only for field goals the same amount (25 pts) regardless of the distance. Based on that information would you change the rankings of your kickers?
I get to pick 4 each week from the entire league (this is a special league that requires no draft and is open every week to pick top 4 QB, 4 RB, 4 WR, 4 PK and 4 D/ST.) It is different than any other I've played in and scoring is very heavily touchdown based. If you think this would change your rankings for any of the positions - I would love to pick your brain further.
Catbird
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:04 pm

I posted this in the "Needs fixin'" forum, but thought it's worth pointing out here, rather than give *GASP* out-dated FF info to the masses...

Everything's cool on QB, RB, WR, and TE. They all show the August 19th docs. However, clicking PK or DF, you get the June docs. That wouldn't be a big deal, except when you click the other 4 position rankings (QB, etc) from the June PK or DF pages, it brings you to the June rankings for QB, RB, etc. It's a time warp!

Easily fixed, but definitely important to fix, because I assume that most people read those things similarly to how I do... a quick scroll, then to the next category, etc... then you go back and look for specifics after things are sinkin' in. I noticed this happened because I saw ranks for guys like Tony Romo change during the process of reading the article.

Anyway, these things are a pain in the butt to organize so hats off to you. ;-D
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby daullaz » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:32 pm

Everything should be fixed now -- thanks for the heads up, and let me know if you see any more problems.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

Return to Article Discussions