who's value do vick/favre affect? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

who's value do vick/favre affect?

Moderator: Football Moderators

who's value do vick/favre affect?

Postby kickureface » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:49 pm

anyone up or down on people? i wanted mcnabb but idk what vick will do to him
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: who's value do vick/favre affect?

Postby Timbathia » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:23 am

Honestly, IMO this changes no-ones value except Rosenfels.

Favre will be hardly any better than Rosenfels would have (if not worse), so the Vikings offense doesnt go up or down.

Vick is not going to see any significant playing time.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby iky » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:26 am

I dunno, but I hear prices on pit bull puppies skyrocketed in Philly ;-7
Last edited by iky on Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby brett5673 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:54 am

Since Miami pattended the "Wildcat" Formation, it looks likr the Eagles will have to settle with the "RabbidDog" formation as the name when vicks on the field ;-D , and itll be slightly different too
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kickureface » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:38 am

i guess its early to say anything on vick right now, he hasnt even been implemented yet in the offense.

does ADP have a better season from this?
bernard berrian?
shaincoe?
whpoever else recieving on the vikings?

for eagles, i guess predicitons will have to wait until after a game or two
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby iky » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:30 am

brett5673 wrote:Since Miami pattended the "Wildcat" Formation, it looks likr the Eagles will have to settle with the "RabbidDog" formation as the name when vicks on the field ;-D , and itll be slightly different too
Oh lawd, I can see these jokes coming all season. Is Eagle fighting legal in Philly? :-b :-b :-b

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:23 am

mcnabb becomes more of a wildcard imo. Vick being there means he has to keep it real tight, because there is a viable replacement. Hopefully that pushes him to be better. But it could also be stressful to him.

However, you can bet dollars to donuts, vick will see significant time in one capacity or another. Reid LOVES tricks, he loves scheming, and he has generally always favored the sleek athlete to the bruiser. He is licking his chops. And that is a TON of speed on offense with westbrook, vick, jackson, maclin and mcnabb's running threats (implied or otherwise). it COULD be out of hand, or too clever by half. But they did not do this to not use him. Either they don't renew McNabb and move towards Vick in a year or so, or they have a MAJOR trading chip to a team that will need a QB. So for the public relations hit, they are either getting a QB of the "future" or they can get a major player or pick in return. But for that to work, Vick needs to see the field and demonstrate his in shape etc.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jfg » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:30 pm

How about Peterson? You wouldn't think he could get better but teams shouldn't be able to stuff the box as much as they did last season.
jfg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sirchadwick1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:36 pm

kickureface wrote:i guess its early to say anything on vick right now, he hasnt even been implemented yet in the offense.

does ADP have a better season from this?
bernard berrian?
shaincoe?
whpoever else recieving on the vikings?

for eagles, i guess predicitons will have to wait until after a game or two

I think you bump up the MIN receivers just a few spots (remember Favre didn't really help the NYJ receivers much). And Shiancoe should have a top 10 TE year. I'm targeting him in my draft after Zach Miller if he goes first around the 11th or 12th (10-team league).

I don't think Vick takes away from McNabb or any RB's on the Eagles.... that is unless he looks like the Flash out there and is unstoppable (unlikely). Reid will most likely just throw him in there to mix things up and confuse the defense.... testing the waters so to speak, to see what Vick's still got.
2010 12-team .5PPR
QB - Ryan, Vick
RB - S. Greene, Forte, Stewart, F. Jones, Sproles
WR - Moss, Megatron, NYG Smith, Floyd, M. Williams (TB)
TE - Cooley
D - CIN (week to week)
K - Bironas
sirchadwick1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:18 pm

I think Shiancoe gets the biggest boost. I wasn't considering him in a top 10 TE without Favre, and I think you have to now.

I think Vick's addition really puts fantasy owners in a bind...I doubt he affects yards gained of any of the main players on that team. They are going to get theirs. Where I get concerned is TDs. How many gadget plays will they run with Vick inside the 10? We have no way of knowing, but coaches like to have a short list of "new" red zone plays installed in the offense for that week that the opposing defense has never seen and has no way to prepare for. What better place to insert Vick? You create a handful of plays each week that you can run in the red zone with Vick.

I honestly don't know, but I'm playing it safe in my projections and taking at least 1 TD away from all the skill players - 2 passing and 1 rushing from McNabb. I may be overly cautious, but I see no reason to overvalue McNabb considering the other QBs in that general vicinity.

I know others will argue Vick will score additional TDs that would not have otherwise been converted - maybe, but I don't buy that. An offense and its players score X number of TDs and the pie slices get thinner when you add names to that list.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Football Talk