Plaxico Burress - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Plaxico Burress

Moderator: Football Moderators

Plaxico Burress

Postby sublimeandy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:11 pm

i don't know why the other thread got closed being as how burress did get hurt on sunday and it was all over every sports outlet that i check. anyway, this from rotoworld...

Plaxico Burress-WR- Giants Oct. 20 - 2:59 pm et

X-rays revealed no fractured bones in Plaxico Burress' injured pinkie.
Updating a previous item, Plax didn't injure the same finger that bothered him throughout 2007. He tore a tendon in his other pinkie. Burress is wearing a splint and has the finger taped, but seems unlikely to miss Week 8.

doesn't sound like a big deal. plax has played through pain before, sounds like he should be fine.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: plaxico

Postby Flyn high again » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:32 pm

Here's another report on his finger. This came out on Sunday night, not Monday [today] so take it for what it's worth.

Giants' Burress appears to swear at Coughlin during 29-17 victory over 49ers
by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger
Sunday October 19, 2008, 8:58 PM

If it was any player other than Plaxico Burress who was caught by TV cameras using profanity, and if it was anyone other than Tom Coughlin on the receiving end, the incident wouldn't have been a big deal. It would have been chalked up to what Burress described as a "heat of the moment" reaction.

But since Burress and Coughlin were the players in the scene that took place during Sunday's 29-17 Giants victory over the 49ers, it became an immediate controversy.

Less than a month after he was suspended for a game by Coughlin and the front office, Burress appeared to swear in his coach's direction and tell him, "I'll do what I want," after he was flagged for arguing a pass-interference call in the second quarter.

"Things (weren't) going my way," Burress said, "and I said what I had to say."

A quick timeout from this drama for some pertinent Burress news: He went for X-rays after the game and said only that it was his "finger" that was being examined.

According to someone familiar with Burress' injury, he aggravated a torn tendon in his pinky he originally suffered against the Packers in Week 2 of last season. Burress played through the injury, which prevents him from extending the finger fully, and elected not to have offseason surgery.

The person familiar with Burress' injury, who requested anonymity because all injury information is supposed to come from Coughlin, said Burress will have a splint placed on the finger this week. It's unclear, however, if he will wear it in Sunday's game against the Steelers -- his return to Pittsburgh, where he played the first five seasons of his career.

Okay, back to Sunday's brief squabble, which was followed by a discussion between Burress and Coughlin at halftime -- the details of which remained private.

"I don't regret it at all because I'm competing, I'm out there playing my tail off to go out and make plays and I wanted the referees to do the same thing," Burress said.

Niners cornerback Nate Clements, who covered Burress most of the day, was physical in coverage and even appeared to grab him on Burress' 6-yard diving touchdown catch. Clements wasn't penalized on that play, but he was flagged for a 31-yard pass interference and a 15-yard unnecessary roughness when he shoved fullback Madison Hedgecock, who is apparently as good an actor as he is a blocker. Hedgecock sold the flop and drew the flag.

But those penalties couldn't appease Burress.

"When we send (the complaint) in (to the NFL), of course it will come back ... and say it should have been a no call, but that doesn't help us and it doesn't help me," Burress said. "It's a third-down play, it was critical, and he just totally blew the call."
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:34 pm

sublimeandy wrote:i don't know why the other thread got closed being as how burress did get hurt on sunday and it was all over every sports outlet that i check.

it's just the way this forum is being run now.

It's meant only for confirmed updates and injuries. It has a very narrow spectrum.

any unconfirmed updates will no longer fly. I guess posting that Burress left a game with an apparent injury is not good enough, unless you provide sources in the form of web links. Simply saying, "I was watching the game and burress left early" is not acceptable. You must post sources. At least we don't have to provide two or more sources with cross references - yet
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 am

woodson_28 wrote:
sublimeandy wrote:i don't know why the other thread got closed being as how burress did get hurt on sunday and it was all over every sports outlet that i check.

it's just the way this forum is being run now.

It's meant only for confirmed updates and injuries. It has a very narrow spectrum.

any unconfirmed updates will no longer fly. I guess posting that Burress left a game with an apparent injury is not good enough, unless you provide sources in the form of web links. Simply saying, "I was watching the game and burress left early" is not acceptable. You must post sources. At least we don't have to provide two or more sources with cross references - yet

This is how the forum has been run and will continue to run. The original post should include a link. Just asking the question is only going to clutter the forum with useless threads or non-injuries. If there is an injury, it will be posted here in this forum, with a link as soon as it is available. There are a number of guys here that make sure as soon as something hits the websites it is posted.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby sirchadwick1 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:21 am

It's not serious from what I've heard. Plax should be ready to go next week.
2010 12-team .5PPR
QB - Ryan, Vick
RB - S. Greene, Forte, Stewart, F. Jones, Sproles
WR - Moss, Megatron, NYG Smith, Floyd, M. Williams (TB)
TE - Cooley
D - CIN (week to week)
K - Bironas
sirchadwick1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mikus » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:38 pm

And it is not the same finger that he injured last season:

RotoWorld wrote:X-rays revealed no fractured bones in Plaxico Burress' injured pinkie.

Updating a previous item, Plax didn't injure the same finger that bothered him throughout 2007. He tore a tendon in his other pinkie. Burress is wearing a splint and has the finger taped, but seems unlikely to miss Week 8.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby LosPumasFutbol » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:01 pm

thats thought that was pretty rude of them to lock it yesterday when i started it
LosPumasFutbol
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mikus » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:43 pm

RotoWorld wrote:Plaxico Burress was held out of Giants practice Wednesday due to a sore shoulder and a stiff neck.

This was probably a precautionary absence; Plax wasn't listed on the injury report with the finger he hurt in Week 7. He's considered likely to face the Steelers, and we suspect he wouldn't miss playing his former team for the world. Cautious deep league owners can grab Domenik Hixon to be safe.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby sirchadwick1 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:13 pm

mikus wrote:
RotoWorld wrote:Plaxico Burress was held out of Giants practice Wednesday due to a sore shoulder and a stiff neck.

This was probably a precautionary absence; Plax wasn't listed on the injury report with the finger he hurt in Week 7. He's considered likely to face the Steelers, and we suspect he wouldn't miss playing his former team for the world. Cautious deep league owners can grab Domenik Hixon to be safe.

Haha... what's new? Plax not practicing and acting hurt before an actual game.

I'll bet my house that he plays .... again.
2010 12-team .5PPR
QB - Ryan, Vick
RB - S. Greene, Forte, Stewart, F. Jones, Sproles
WR - Moss, Megatron, NYG Smith, Floyd, M. Williams (TB)
TE - Cooley
D - CIN (week to week)
K - Bironas
sirchadwick1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:27 pm

Yeah basically he just doesnt want to practice, and i dont really blame him. I mean if he can get away with it, more power to him. Go Plax!!!
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk