X-game II: Wreck Dem Browns - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

X-game II: Wreck Dem Browns

Moderator: Football Moderators

X-game II: Wreck Dem Browns

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Game two is at hand, vs. the Clevelanders. This is going to be a real test for Stafford. Not that the Brownies offer such a great D presence, but just to see if he continues to be able to look downfield and fire those wonderful passes. Or, will he regress and become a tentative rookie QB who still has way too much to learn before he can lead the team.
I also want to see the team continue playing unafraid. This is one of The Schwartz's greatests achievements in his very short tenure: he has players trying to make plays.
I would love to see anything that resembles a D-line tonight. White, how about earning a few of your Millens by getting some pressure on the Brownies, playing in the backfield a little. Not that much to ask is it?
And lets see Delmas clock someone who is trying to avoid him.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: X-game II: Wreck Dem Browns

Postby RWLongy4 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:42 pm

I don't think we will see a whole lot from either team in the way of play calling considering the teams play each other regular season but I'm still quite anxious to see Delmas's debut, Stafford play with the first team (and against the first team brownies), hopefully some pressure on the QB whether it be a blitz or just from the D-Line I want to see Quinn on his butt. I want to see the 1st team LBers show that they are the heart of the Defense and Levy (and maybe follett and dizon if they aren't hurt) step up and show he will be our future at the position. Schweigert playing alongside Delmas with the first team. Improved DT play. Would be nice to see a WR better than Colbert. More Brown in open space, more reps for K.Smith.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:16 pm

moochman wrote:same as it ever was.

i dont think i can fairly evaluate the O since we have Taxi Squad WR in there, but the D and ST are looking :-P

look for us to shatter Tampa Bay's consecutive loss streak
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Very poor showing. I agree that it is a little tainted because they play each other in the regular season, but they looked like the Lions of old (or is it new?)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby RWLongy4 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:41 pm

The special teams was specially garbage... stafford's play took a step back and I would guess that has a lot to do with no real recievers being on the field, though he was making throws that shouldn't be made regardless. It's nice that his fastballs are troublesome for the defense to catch as well :-b Why is Cason getting reps? cut him.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:33 am

RWLongy4 wrote:Why is Cason getting reps? cut him.

only thing i can think of is he has some pictures of Mr Ford with a live boy or a dead girl
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:14 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:The special teams was specially garbage... stafford's play took a step back and I would guess that has a lot to do with no real recievers being on the field, though he was making throws that shouldn't be made regardless. It's nice that his fastballs are troublesome for the defense to catch as well :-b Why is Cason getting reps? cut him.

I had questions about why Cason was in the game so much, too. Then I got to thinking and figured that he was getting enough time to show The Schwartz wether he has enough stuff to stick or be cut. Again, I saw no reason for Avion not to be released.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:32 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
moochman wrote:same as it ever was.

i dont think i can fairly evaluate the O since we have Taxi Squad WR in there, but the D and ST are looking :-P

look for us to shatter Tampa Bay's consecutive loss streak

Wow, thanks for stealing my thunder. :-D
I agree with you that the O, in particular the passing game cannot be evalutated due to the absolute incompetence of the receiver corps. Though there is no way that I can say Stafford played like anything other than an unprepared rookie QB.

I would like to say to those who want to panic about the D and Special teams play, that there will be games like these this season, perhaps many games. Millen and Marinelli left this team in shambles. They didn't luck into 0-16, they earned it.
What I find the most alarming is that Mayhew is already showing signs that he is no better than his mentor, DoorMatt. Here is my case, based on a very small sample.
Mike Furrey and McDonald were not resigned, instead we got Bryant Johnson and Dennis Northcutt. Now if those two do what they have done so far in this league we have replaced Furrey and McDonald with lesser WRs. Not unlike Millen getting rid of Johnny Morton and replacing him with Schroeder. Mayhew is in lock step with his teacher, so far. The WR he drafted in the third, looks like a bust. Another Millen trait. Williams shows no speed, route-running, or hands. Not good, Maverick. The rest of the WRs that Mayhew has brought into camp are a bunch of nobodies and the ultimate in never-wases: retread Lions players. Again, Mayhew showing me no talent evaluation skills.
Jump to the draft. I like Stafford, but there really was no other pick to make at #1. Pettigrew was a luxury pick, and since he is injured, how do we know that he won't be a total waste? I don't think he will be, but we had more pressing needs on D to spend a pick on a TE. Not addressing needs, Matt Millen, anyone?
More Millenisms:
Delmas---showing nothing so far. There were a lot of plays to be made out there Saturday, but Delmas made not a one.
Levy--did he even play? Dizon, pt duex?
Sammy Lee Hill---Contact missing persons, I think we've found Cory Reddings long lost twin,
Murtha--Didn't see the oft injured college player yesterday because he was.., well, injured. A classic Millen movement.

So we have a GM who doesn't seem to ID talent, drafts without a reasonable blueprint, and then drafts bad players.

So if you want reason to be concerned, there it is. Matt Millen to Martin Mayhew seems to be a seemless thransition. That should scare the crap out of Lions fans everywhere.

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Hey guys so yeah my attempt to leave the worst franchise in the history of sports didnt go as i had planned. For some reason i just cant get away. Im sure you guys have been through this before but yeah. GO LIONS!.....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:19 am

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Hey guys so yeah my attempt to leave the worst franchise in the history of sports didnt go as i had planned. For some reason i just cant get away. Im sure you guys have been through this before but yeah. GO LIONS!.....

Its like the line from the Godfather II, "Everytime I try to get out, you suck me back in." Except with the Lions the emphasis is heavily on the SUCK!!

Nice to see you back, no matter what the cause, Spree. Be seeing you in the chat room on Sundays?

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Detroit Lions