worst.draft.ever. corrupt GM? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

worst.draft.ever. corrupt GM?

Moderator: Football Moderators

worst.draft.ever. corrupt GM?

Postby sublimeandy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:28 pm

this is a 14 person $10 league, so i'm not sure that this is even worth getting worked up over but...

check out this draft by this kid, first time fantasy player.

listed by round (he had 1st pick)
1. ADP
2. demarcus ware
3. tony gonzalez
4. eli manning
5. d hixon
6. r longwell
7. min def
8. hakeem nicks
9. berrian
10. l mcclain
11. flacco
12. e graham
13. h miller
14. osi umeryiora
15. s smith
16. b jackson

so that is probably the worst draft ever. now on top of that, this MORON just traded ADP to the league's GM for thomas jones, lee evans and shonn greene. you can't really protest it because his team is so bad that he probably just traded for 2 maybe 3 starters, but, WTF?! would this piss anyone else off? i feel like the GM is taking advantage of this idiot.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: worst.draft.ever. corrupt GM?

Postby sublimeandy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:43 pm

does no one find any of this funny? s greene , t jones and l evans for ADP?! is that ok?
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:44 pm

I would have real concerns over the fact that it just happened to be the league's GM involved in the trade. The best RB for an old Jones, untested Greene, and erratic Evans is protestable given that neigher of the players traded were starters. (right?)

Just don't smell right.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby sublimeandy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:51 pm

that's what i thought, i am co GM of the league. to make matters worse, the newbie works with the GM, who is in another league with me that drafts tomorrow. the same newbie was supposed to be in that league but after witnessing how inept he is he was booted from the league by the GM. now the guy who got peterson from his idiot co worker is raising hell because his buddy got kicked out of the league. probably because he wants to hose him in further trades.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Carnac » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:03 pm

Doesn't pass the smell test. I would ask that the trade be reversed and the two of them not be allowed to trade this year.

First off, as commissioner of the league, I wouldn't trade with a first year player that is obviously lacking in fantasy knowledge. At best this is an unethical commish taking advantage of a naive rookie. Worst case it is collusion. Either way it should be corrected.

Good luck
Golf nut
Carnac
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Andy... I'm going to move this over to the commish corner where your nOOb can get really ripped apart.

No collusion... no veto imo but yes... feakin horrible draft. I have seen worse though :-b
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby benb18a » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:06 am

Yeah, I came across the same kind of crap in my Yahoo public league last year. The GM allowed a trade of McNabb/Winslow for Garrard/VDavis, and when people protested he said anybody who has a problem with it should leave. I gladly dished out an arse-whooping to the GM in the semi-finals, en route to the league title.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:52 am

The kid is dumb as a post and the GM is as crooked as my dog's hind leg! :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Munboy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:39 pm

ALWAYS have trades voted on by the league. Even if its a 1-day timetable for the members to vote, there should be a vote. Keeps stuff like this from happening.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:12 pm

Horrible job by the GM of vetting the league participants. And that's assuming that this guy is not a total douche and arranged the entire thing with the bad owner he works with.

How does that type of player even get into the league? How can the GM take himself seriously? This guy obviously should not be running a fantasy football league because he doesn't understand the word integrity. Commish should be above even a shadow of doubt and avoid situations like this. Guy is risking improving his team and chances of winning (bad owner + trade with bad owner) and the league itself is in jeopardy because of it.

Better to cut down to 12 than to have one or two bad owners upset the balance of the league. After that type of trade/draft, the league is in jeopardy IMO. If I paid money for that league, I would be extremely pissed off. I try to get my money back and drop out of the league to avoid future issues. The commish is run by a guy who isn't too bright in the best case scenario and corrupt in the worst case. I don't see how this situation can be made right without a lot of owner complaints. What are the options?

Let it stand?
Cancel the trade?
Strip GM duties?
Lockdown or replace bad owner?
Redraft?

None of these are good options IMO.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next