worst.draft.ever. corrupt GM? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

worst.draft.ever. corrupt GM?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: worst.draft.ever. corrupt GM?

Postby Goody » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:22 am

Munboy wrote:ALWAYS have trades voted on by the league. Even if its a 1-day timetable for the members to vote, there should be a vote. Keeps stuff like this from happening.

NO WAY!!!! A league should never be setup like this and the GM (commissioner) should be the only one who vetos a trade. As long as there is no collusion, the trade has to go through. No need to create any gray areas and having the chaos that comes with team owners vetoing trades because it makes another team stronger. Only inexperienced leagues have league votes for trades....It is the commissioners job to investigate collusion if he feels it may be present. If no collusion is present, trade approved, no matter how lopsided it is.

The commish of the OP should also do a better job vetting the owners in the league. Just because he is a friend of the GM's, doesn't mean he should allow a noob in the league and then take advantage of him because he is a friend and knows his friend will trade with him.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: worst.draft.ever. - how I avoid it!

Postby Catbird » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:56 pm

The whole draft issue has bothered me for some time - unless you are doing it in person with people you know it seems there is always an opportunity for corruption.
Not to mention - you could draft well, and then someone like Tom Brady gets hurt first week and you are stuck choosing from the bottom half of the QB's in the league that remained unselected...

Mod edit: advertisement link
Catbird
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby padrino990_200 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:28 am

i agree with Goody. voting should never be allowed, especially if you know the people in the league. it just leads to jealousy votes and people voting against trades just so their competition wont improve.

the only way trades should be vetoed is by the GM if there is obvious collusion, which i think is obvious in this case.

you should be able to trust your GM to make these decisions
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:35 pm

sounds like a horrible league. having a terrible team just ruins the league.
and teh commish shoudl never rape a n00b...he is there to ensure fairness in the league...not set it up so he wins

i would lock the crappy guy's team. give him his money back and kick him out...i dont care what he says....he will only continue to find ways to ruin the league. it will just become a race to steal what decent players he does have

if i seem too rough its bc i have had thsi happen a few times by inviting family members or coworkers in a legaue and it just sucks the fun out of it
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner