Very special league opportunity - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Very special league opportunity

Moderator: Football Moderators

Very special league opportunity

Postby Warpigs » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Hello. Those who know me here know that I have been writing about fantasy football for quite a while as a columnist at The Daily Item newspaper in central Pennsylvania. For three years (this will be the fourth), I've run a special Daily Item readers league, inviting people who read the paper and my columns to get involved. We are drafting tomorrow afternoon at 3pm EST at the Daily Item office building in Sunbury, PA. This year, we had very few opportunities to advertise the league, and as a result, we are down in numbers. There are 10 signed up ... covering all different backgrounds and age groups (one kid is nine -- his dad is helping him and we have a 50-something mail carrier and all ages and backgrounds in between). The league has been a 12-teamer since it started, and I'd like to keep it that way. One of the owners has an 11-year-old son who wants to play, but I'd rather get new, fresh faces involved in the league. I cover the results on a regular basis in the newspaper, and even run mugshots of the people who play, their rosters after the draft, etc. It is a cool way to get your name out there as a fantasy football player. (We even have a big rotating trophy).

My question is that I need VERY last-minute replacement owners who would be willing to come down in person for our auction draft tomorrow afternoon and play for the season. I'm guessing this is impossible, but didn't want to give up without at least trying. I could bill it something along the lines of our local guys taking on the experts or something like that. Would be great if some local people are regulars here at the cafe and would like to participate.

Let me know if you have any interest or know someone who would like to participate. We all chip in a few bucks for pizza and everyone brings their own non-alcoholic beverages. E-mail me at zaktansky@gmail.com if you are interested. Thanks so much!
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds