Odd RB strategy? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Odd RB strategy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Odd RB strategy?

Postby Purple1 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:39 pm

So I got to thinking with all the committies why not go ahead and target one for your RB1 and RB2?

Theres probably only a few you could do this with and have some sucsess CJ424/White, Williams/stewart, Jacobs/Bradshaw, Barrber/Jones......I'm thinking I may give this a try in one of my leagues.

I know its not good to put too many eggs in the same basket but most of these guys are drafted as RB2's anyway so why not snagg 'em both?
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Odd RB strategy?

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Honestly if your going to do that the cheapest one to grab will be Rice/McGahee. Baltimore had the most rushing attempts in the league last year.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Re: Odd RB strategy?

Postby dgan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:09 pm

Nice thought, but none of those guys you mentioned will be RB2s. The closest will be JStew, but the owner using him as a RB2 waited too long to grab another RB.

The problem you run into is that you are essentially drafting a team RB. Your opponent will have two productive RBs getting the majority of carries for their respective teams. Unless your team runs the ball twice the number of times as any other team, it won't work out for you on a regular basis.

I'm all for getting the handcuff of those good running teams, but don't depend on the handcuff as your RB2. I don't see how that will work for you unless you are getting a McGahee/Rice later in the draft because you took Brees, Moss, and Jennings in the first 3 rounds. Maybe then it wouldn't hurt, but you'd better take 5 RBs in a row anyway if that is your strategy.

Basically, I wouldn't intentionally do this. I don't see the benefit, and you'll probably end up reaching for one of them just to execute your strategy.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Football Talk