Could this "Cat" be this years A. Bryant? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Could this "Cat" be this years A. Bryant?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Could this "Cat" be this years A. Bryant?

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:52 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote: But when the Vikes dumped him I knew it was all but over for Williamson.

Really? You knew? Some people just need a change of scenery. It most certainly would not be the first time. I suppose you knew Benson was done when the Bears get rid of him too, huh? I'm just saying, I tend to think that I'm not just a bandwagon jumper when people have a good preseason and frankly barring that I still thought/think he could turn out to put up some numbers somewhere down the line. If he sticks with the Jags, Garrard has a good arm, and can put it out there for Williamson to chase down. Now I don't think he's gonna be a guy that will be a fantasy starter every week, he's a deep ball threat, he's crazy fast, he's got good hands and as you mentioned he doesn't run the greatest routes, but you don't have to run great routes when you're that damn fast. Case in point - guys like Devin Hester. Or even Lee Evans for that matter, even though he's clearly a much better route runner than those guys, he's essentially strictly a deep ball threat. Even if some people will deny it. That doesn't mean he doesn't have his place in fantasy football, merely that he's not gonna start on my roster each week. Anyhow, I still don't wanna count him out, he's too talented to count him out.

Wow ok, A. people need to quit getting so damn sensitive on these boards. I mean I make a personal opinion, as I thought thats what these boards were for, and I all of a sudden am being interrogated. IN MY OPINION Williamson has never possessed the skills to be a starting WR in the NFL. He has speed, ok so go return kicks/punts. I don't care what kind of speed you have if you can't run routes in the NFL you won't have a very good or very long career.

What I meant from the Vikings comment is simply this. They didn't have a good WR core at the time, so if Williamson had any kind of NFL potential don't you think they would have kept him around? Its not like he didn't get a chance to shine, in 05 he played in 14 games starting 3, accumulating 372 yards and 2 TDs, ok pretty decent given what he was given that year. But comes back in 06 played in 14 games in 2006, starting 11 of them and accumulated a pedestrian 455 yards with no touchdowns.

Also to say that he has good hands is a slang statement. That was one of his biggest knocks coming out of college, and to this day still is. Dropping balls has hampered him since his college days at SC, worst part about is he brought up the excuse that his vision was bad and that was the reasoning for his 11 drops in the 2006 season tying him for 2nd most in the NFL.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 2ksports » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:55 pm

Bazzy you just called me dumb for my opinion that Addai is not a good running back. You calling Troy Williamson a bad player is no different, so why get worked up over this?
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:10 pm

2ksports wrote:Bazzy you just called me dumb for my opinion that Addai is not a good running back. You calling Troy Williamson a bad player is no different, so why get worked up over this?

Were you apart of this? hmmm don't remember you being apart of this conversation. But please rather then posting comments such as these that have zero relevance to the particular thread with NO facts or helpful opinions, just stick to your boom or BUST threads. Ok? Thanks ;-D

And I wasn't getting worked up over it, I just simply, unlike you, came back with Legit Facts and Stats about Williamson. Now if FantasyFutballGuru wants to come back with something to differ thats fine, cuz its again his opinion. Thats what this forum is based off of, peoples opinions. But you coming on spouting off when your not using facts or stats to back up your comments makes NO sense and frankly offers no help to people coming on here to find out about what other people are thinking about a particular player.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Mike Sims-Walker my be that "Cat" this year. I don't know much about him but from what I gather an injury free Sims-Walker is a legitimate threat. On a side not, I'm a fool, I have MJD and Garrard in a league where we have to start 2 QB's. If MJD is doing well Garrard has no reason to throw. If they are trying to come back from behind ( which I think might be the case this year) Garrard will start throwing but MJD takes a back seat. I want to see a balanced offense but it seems like Garrard is only going to throw well with a gun to his head. Damn Jags...
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Goody » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:05 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:Mike Sims-Walker my be that "Cat" this year. I don't know much about him but from what I gather an injury free Sims-Walker is a legitimate threat. On a side not, I'm a fool, I have MJD and Garrard in a league where we have to start 2 QB's. If MJD is doing well Garrard has no reason to throw. If they are trying to come back from behind ( which I think might be the case this year) Garrard will start throwing but MJD takes a back seat. I want to see a balanced offense but it seems like Garrard is only going to throw well with a gun to his head. Damn Jags...

I am also intrigued by Mike Sims-Walker. I just don't know if JAX will throw enough to make him a viable option most weeks. What do you think? Maybe he is a great play vs. teams JAX will be playing from behind...
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jnormy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Goody wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:Mike Sims-Walker my be that "Cat" this year. I don't know much about him but from what I gather an injury free Sims-Walker is a legitimate threat. On a side not, I'm a fool, I have MJD and Garrard in a league where we have to start 2 QB's. If MJD is doing well Garrard has no reason to throw. If they are trying to come back from behind ( which I think might be the case this year) Garrard will start throwing but MJD takes a back seat. I want to see a balanced offense but it seems like Garrard is only going to throw well with a gun to his head. Damn Jags...

I am also intrigued by Mike Sims-Walker. I just don't know if JAX will throw enough to make him a viable option most weeks. What do you think? Maybe he is a great play vs. teams JAX will be playing from behind...

Yeah, Jax kind of sucks this year so there will be plenty of games where they'll be in catchup mode. I truly believe MSW has the size, body type, and skill set to be one of those real impact playmaker types at the WR position if he can stay healthy... but that's a big IF.
jnormy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Anyone have information on this cat? All I've heard is that MSW has been somewhat injury plagued leading back to his years at UCF.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby joejlitz » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:41 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
2ksports wrote:Bazzy you just called me dumb for my opinion that Addai is not a good running back. You calling Troy Williamson a bad player is no different, so why get worked up over this?

Were you apart of this? hmmm don't remember you being apart of this conversation. But please rather then posting comments such as these that have zero relevance to the particular thread with NO facts or helpful opinions, just stick to your boom or BUST threads. Ok? Thanks ;-D

That's unnecessary. Play nice.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Guru13 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:47 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:

And I wasn't getting worked up over it, I just simply, unlike you, came back with Legit Facts and Stats about Williamson. Now if FantasyFutballGuru wants to come back with something to differ thats fine, cuz its again his opinion. Thats what this forum is based off of, peoples opinions. But you coming on spouting off when your not using facts or stats to back up your comments makes NO sense and frankly offers no help to people coming on here to find out about what other people are thinking about a particular player.

Frankly he is a part of the conversation. That's why it's here. If you would prefer him not be a part of the conversation, express yourself towards me in a pm.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:51 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote: But when the Vikes dumped him I knew it was all but over for Williamson.

Really? You knew? Some people just need a change of scenery. It most certainly would not be the first time. I suppose you knew Benson was done when the Bears get rid of him too, huh? I'm just saying, I tend to think that I'm not just a bandwagon jumper when people have a good preseason and frankly barring that I still thought/think he could turn out to put up some numbers somewhere down the line. If he sticks with the Jags, Garrard has a good arm, and can put it out there for Williamson to chase down. Now I don't think he's gonna be a guy that will be a fantasy starter every week, he's a deep ball threat, he's crazy fast, he's got good hands and as you mentioned he doesn't run the greatest routes, but you don't have to run great routes when you're that damn fast. Case in point - guys like Devin Hester. Or even Lee Evans for that matter, even though he's clearly a much better route runner than those guys, he's essentially strictly a deep ball threat. Even if some people will deny it. That doesn't mean he doesn't have his place in fantasy football, merely that he's not gonna start on my roster each week. Anyhow, I still don't wanna count him out, he's too talented to count him out.

Wow ok, A. people need to quit getting so damn sensitive on these boards.

:-b When I said that I was merely pointing out that anything can happen and that some people need a change of scenery. Perhaps you are the one getting defensive?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk