Edgerrin James - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Edgerrin James

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Edgerrin James signes with Seattle

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:58 pm

HomerJay wrote:James said he’s been continuing to work out on his own to stay in shape in case he got a call during training camp, and that he’s not here to compete for the starting job

“I’m not here to compete with Julius, I’m here to complement him,” he said. “I’m coming in here for us to work together and do whatever we’ve got to do. I just want to win.”

Head coach Jim Mora echoed those sentiments. And said the team made move to terminate T.J. Duckett’s contract and pick up James because they believed Duckett was more of a role player and James more of a complementary back.

“We look for him to be a great complementary back for Julius,” Mora said. “We just felt like in order for us to get better we need to add another complementary back. We got some backs who are role players. But in order to run the ball the way we want to run the ball we needed someone to complement Julius.”

So I'm thinking RBBC? Either way our O line is destroyed this year...so no one runs in Seattle. If Mora was smart he'd mix more of Justin Forsett in the backfield.

i honestly think its just Mora and crew blowing smoke up our a$$es. i for see Edge being the lead man at least by week 6ish. think about this, same thing happened with Dallas with MB3, JJ is a speedster not a constant pounder. hes not a very good pass blocking back IMO, where as i think Edge beats him out in that category. with Hass just coming back from injury and a somewhat depleted o-line they are going to want a protector back there. i personally, and i may be way off here, but i think whats going down is its just a 'timeshare' until Edge is comfortable with the offense and all the play sets, then its out with JJ and in with Edge.

ive never been a huge fan of JJ, but to me that just seems like the logical way to go simply because of his frame, the o-line situation and the type of offense the SeaBirds run. i just moved out here to Seattle from the east coast and im actually excited for Seattle to get Edge as i think it can do nothing but great things for this club. again my prediction is the Edge as starter will be hush-hush until hes 100% comfortable with the offense, how its run and the play sets and then you will see it come out that Edge will be the fulltime go to back. just my 2 cents.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk