Williams Wall? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Williams Wall?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Williams Wall?

Postby 011472 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:46 pm

Does anyone know the current state of their potential suspension? Still hung up in appeals? I really like Minnesota's early schedule and might be willing to pony up more than my typical $1 for a defense if I had reason to believe they'd have all of their guys.

Thanks.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Williams Wall?

Postby dgan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:07 pm

Yeah, I haven't found anything new. I think the fact that now Appeals would have to overturn the decision for them to miss time, there is a good chance now that they've avoided suspension. But I'm no lawyer, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Favre being a Viking hurts the cause of the defense, though IMO, especially if points allowed figures into the scoring of your league. He's going to give up on average probably one extra short field for the opposing team per game. Each game, he will score a lot of points or give up a lot of turnovers, neither of which help that defense. He's not a ball-control-then-punt kind of QB. I think they are probably top 5 but I don't know about spending much extra $$ on them.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Williams Wall?

Postby abrunn11 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:45 pm

011472 wrote:Does anyone know the current state of their potential suspension? Still hung up in appeals? I really like Minnesota's early schedule and might be willing to pony up more than my typical $1 for a defense if I had reason to believe they'd have all of their guys.

Thanks.

Kevin Williams said today in an interview that he was worried last year about being suspended but not anymore. I also know that the case in the hands of local judges, some of whom are season ticket holders of the Vikes. I am not suggesting that they are crooked, I am just saying they are not in any kind of hurry to push the appeal through the courts. All the signs point to it being a safe bet that the Williams' will not miss any time this season.
abrunn11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk