Why is our ESPN league giving us byes? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Why is our ESPN league giving us byes?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why is our ESPN league giving us byes?

Postby Sticky Spice » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Anyone familiar with ESPN free leagues?

Another guy set it up and I just realized today there are a bunch of byes on our league schedule. This blew my mind because I thought we had it worked out perfectly. We are a 10-team league with two divisions of five. I assumed we would play the other teams in our division twice and the teams in the other division once for a total of 13 weeks - perfect so that we could have three weeks of playoffs.

Instead it looks like they have us playing the other teams only once and the rest of the time giving us byes. The commish gave me LM status so I could check it out and I could not figure it out. I checked the setup and it looks good - 13 week regular season, 3 week postseason, nothing goofy.

Any help appreciated - thanks!
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why is our ESPN league giving us byes?

Postby pappymojo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:30 pm

each division is five teams. five is an odd number. the league has you only play in your league which means one out of every five teams will be on a bye every week.
'nuff said
pappymojo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Goody » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:14 am

Go to your schedule and there should be an edit button next to each week which allows you to edit who plays who. If you don't see the edit link on each week of your schedule, you don't have LM status. You will have to manually come up with your schedule for each week and then enter it, i know, it sucks! I had to do this for a 12 team 2 division league and it was painful! My best advice....use excel ;-D
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sticky Spice » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Goody wrote:Go to your schedule and there should be an edit button next to each week which allows you to edit who plays who. If you don't see the edit link on each week of your schedule, you don't have LM status. You will have to manually come up with your schedule for each week and then enter it, i know, it sucks! I had to do this for a 12 team 2 division league and it was painful! My best advice....use excel ;-D

Thank you! We did figure this out, but we still could not believe we were doing this the most efficient way. With your input now we know we unfortunately are. Maybe instead of excel we should be using... Yahoo :-b
Sticky Spice
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Commissioner's Corner