Jauquin Iglesias.....thoughts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Chicago Bears

Jauquin Iglesias.....thoughts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jauquin Iglesias.....thoughts?

Postby I Think Im Bowie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Saw him catch a couple of nice grabs in the game the other night.....CHI doesnt really have a #1 WR, so I think he could emerge.....thoughts?
I Think Im Bowie
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jauquin Iglesias.....thoughts?

Postby reprisal » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:40 pm

He's a rookie wide out(always a risky) and so far there hasnt been much hype coming out of bears camp about him distinguishing himself. The bears also wont run 3 & 4 wide a lot given their quality TEs. So it'll be hard for him to break out if he doesnt earn time before the season. Certainly worth keeping an eye on. But the sleeper to watch here is Earl Bennett...who didnt even see the field as a rookie last year(for perspective).
reprisal
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby tbagz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:57 am

i thought this guy was a stud in college, like the previous quote im not sure he will see much playing time initially but if there is some situation where he has an opportunity to play and does well i would defintely grab him.
i still hate the steelers...
tbagz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby da bears » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:09 pm

I've heard nothing good about him yet through camps and pre season and regularly listen to chicago sports radio. He's not even on the radar right now. Unless something happens to 3 the following I don't see him playing much at all. Hester, Bennett, Rideau, Aromoshudo, and R Davis(if he makes the team)
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:18 pm

He will have little to no impact this year, other than taking up a roster spot.

Unless the Bears do something incredibly drastic (ie. bringing a veteran off the street in the next 10 days & naming him starter) the starting WR's are going to be Hester and Bennet.

Iglesias & Knox (their other rookie WR) will make the roster, but will not contribute anything significant. Iglesias & Knox have done anything to impress in camp and will be brought along slowly - too slowly to provide any real fantasy relevance in 09.

The reason Bennet did not do anything last year was due to the fact that he had an extremely hard time adapting to and learning the palybook. Bennet is the all time leader in receptions in the SEC (not exactly a slouch conference) and he couldn't get on the feild as a rookie - personally, I expect more of the same from Knox & Iglesias in 09.

While I'm sure the Bears organization would love to win each and every year, realisticly, the accquisition of Cutler puts the Bears in a position to contend for the next decade+. With a young nucleus of Cutler, Olsen, Forte, and the glut of (what the Bears hope is talented) WR's in Bennet, Hester, Iglesias, and Knox I think the best days for the Bears offensive skill positions won't be seen for at least year or 2.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Goody » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:15 am

Sex Panther wrote:He will have little to no impact this year, other than taking up a roster spot.

Unless the Bears do something incredibly drastic (ie. bringing a veteran off the street in the next 10 days & naming him starter) the starting WR's are going to be Hester and Bennet.

Iglesias & Knox (their other rookie WR) will make the roster, but will not contribute anything significant. Iglesias & Knox have done anything to impress in camp and will be brought along slowly - too slowly to provide any real fantasy relevance in 09.

The reason Bennet did not do anything last year was due to the fact that he had an extremely hard time adapting to and learning the palybook. Bennet is the all time leader in receptions in the SEC (not exactly a slouch conference) and he couldn't get on the feild as a rookie - personally, I expect more of the same from Knox & Iglesias in 09.

While I'm sure the Bears organization would love to win each and every year, realisticly, the accquisition of Cutler puts the Bears in a position to contend for the next decade+. With a young nucleus of Cutler, Olsen, Forte, and the glut of (what the Bears hope is talented) WR's in Bennet, Hester, Iglesias, and Knox I think the best days for the Bears offensive skill positions won't be seen for at least year or 2.

Well said, I definitely agree! ;-D
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Chicago Bears