Run DMC Projections? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Run DMC Projections?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Run DMC Projections?

Postby abrunn11 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Anyone care to share their projections for McFadden? He kind of has me stumped.
abrunn11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Run DMC Projections?

Postby 2ksports » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:39 pm

1120 rush yards, 12 TDs. - some multi-TD rush games.
600 rec yards, 2 TDs.

He'll throw ball too.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:58 pm

Assuming he is the starter I'm guessing he's going to hit around 1000/6 and possibly throw in another 300/2 in receiving on 40 catches.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 2ksports » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:42 pm

biju wrote:Assuming he is the starter I'm guessing he's going to hit around 1000/6 and possibly throw in another 300/2 in receiving on 40 catches.

He got 300 yards receiving on a turf toe last year without any type of feature role. If you are assuming he's starter, I'd say at the minimum 500 yards receiving. He's a guy who has the size, speed, and talent to line up at receiver if needed.

The only way he gets only 300 yards rec again is if he doesn't get that feature role (or gets injured).
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby milostyl » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:47 pm

I like McFadden this year, I think he's going to blow up. The Raiders rooks are starting to come together. Russel is looking good and McFadden is getting big gains in the preseason. I don't think he'll get 1000 yards running but he'll be close. He's got a good shot at Reggie Bush-like receiving numbers out of the backfield though and he will lead the offense in TDs.
milostyl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:00 pm

4000 rushing yards, 1100 receiving yards, and 75 touchdowns.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Did you know you started this topic on his birthday? Anyway, that was a great point by 2k that he had nearly 300 receiving yards in the limited playing time last year. Here's a team that's probably going to try to run it over 450 times again. I think the guy is going to get over 200 carries and 40-50 catches. That should translate into atleast solid No. 2 RB numbers.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby LeBron James » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:33 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:4000 rushing yards, 1100 receiving yards, and 75 touchdowns.

:-* ;-D
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby biju » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:46 pm

2ksports wrote:
biju wrote:Assuming he is the starter I'm guessing he's going to hit around 1000/6 and possibly throw in another 300/2 in receiving on 40 catches.

He got 300 yards receiving on a turf toe last year without any type of feature role. If you are assuming he's starter, I'd say at the minimum 500 yards receiving. He's a guy who has the size, speed, and talent to line up at receiver if needed.

The only way he gets only 300 yards rec again is if he doesn't get that feature role (or gets injured).

You do understand that 500+ yards receiving for a RB is a lot, right? In the past 9 years only 21 players have done it, which includes 1 in 2008 and 1 in 2007. So either McFadden is going to move into that LaDainian Tomlinson/Brian Westbrook/Maurice Jones-Drew elite level, or he's going to have less than your "minimum".

I'm expecting the latter.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 2ksports » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:00 pm

biju wrote:
2ksports wrote:

You do understand that 500+ yards receiving for a RB is a lot, right? In the past 9 years only 21 players have done it, which includes 1 in 2008 and 1 in 2007. So either McFadden is going to move into that LaDainian Tomlinson/Brian Westbrook/Maurice Jones-Drew elite level, or he's going to have less than your "minimum".

I'm expecting the latter.

I bolded the key text.

30 yards per game receiving for DMC considering his skillset and the fact that the coach intends to use him in the passing game is conservative.

While I wouldn't make the bet with you that he gets over 500 yards rec, I will definately make the bet that he will avg over 30 ypg receiving.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk