Run DMC Projections? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Run DMC Projections?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Run DMC Projections?

Postby petedog9 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:09 am

He fine as a RB3 with spot start duty. Not doubting his talent but have severe reservations about the Oakland offense as a whole. There just a freaking mess... From top to bottom, the are as dysfunctional as can be and have no direction. Its a big roll of the dice starting DMC any given week... He could break a long one and give you solid points or he could give you the kind of perfromance that we saw yesterday. He is held back by the crappiness of the team he is on....

For where he is currently beiing drafted (ADP 4.09) I will take Kevin Smith every time (ADP 4.07) or even a Ray Rice a round later (ADP 5.09)..
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 011472 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:53 am

petedog9 wrote:He fine as a RB3 with spot start duty. Not doubting his talent but have severe reservations about the Oakland offense as a whole. There just a freaking mess... From top to bottom, the are as dysfunctional as can be and have no direction. Its a big roll of the dice starting DMC any given week... He could break a long one and give you solid points or he could give you the kind of perfromance that we saw yesterday. He is held back by the crappiness of the team he is on....

For where he is currently beiing drafted (ADP 4.09) I will take Kevin Smith every time (ADP 4.07) or even a Ray Rice a round later (ADP 5.09)..

I agree. I was on the fence on DMC, but after the mess against New Orleans, I don't see myself going anywhere near any part of the Oakland offense outside of Miller.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:59 am

The offense is terrible. The O-line is struggling.

Russell is gardbage. He doesn't know how to play the QB position. I don't know how long the Raiders can afford to "train" him to become a half decent QB.

I watched yesterday's game. Although DMAC's stats look disguisting, he only had 3 carries and actually looked ok. Had a 20+ yard run called back on a phantom hold, and made some guys miss in the open field as a receiver.

I think the only way DMac becomes a viable and reliable fantasy starter this year is if he is used extensively as a receiver. One thing I have noticed is that Russell is very quick to check down to DMac on screens, short passes if he doesn't see anything down the field (which is most of the time). DMac seems to be able to able to gain very good yardage after the catch.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Grant that NO's offense is one of the best in the league but Jokeland's defense is disgustingly horrible. Jamarcus has almost no pocket presence. I really think McFadden can be a great player but are we going to see the Raiders down like that often? Time of possession was ridiculous. I don't know what to think. I like McFadden and all but I'm more inclined to take guys who might be on the field more often.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk