inthecards wrote:closer to last season's numbers, IMHO. reasons:
1. defense not that good, therefore SD will be playing from behind a lot this year and focusing on passing
2. age - not old but hard to shake the hits
3. toe injuries or anything with the foot tend to nag for a long time
could be better than last year by 20% or so if the toe is close to 100% for the whole season - still top 7 or 8 RB.
1. The defense is much improved with the return of Merriman and many people see SD as a sleeper def this season...They were decimated with injuries last season!
2. Tomlinson turns 30 this season, but he shows no signs of decline. He doesn't take big hits like many other RB and his body has endured less punishment than others younger than him. Emmitt Smith and Curtis Martin were solid well after they turned 30 so age is not a good argument...
3. Toe injuries DO NOT linger. He is 100% healthy and fully healed from the turf toe from last season. Knee injuries are the ones you have to worry about nagging....
LT was the #6 RB in standard scoring last season WITH TURF TOE!!! If he is 20% better this season than last, he will have 1812 total yards and 14 tds. That's pretty studly!
LT is one of the safest picks this season!