Preseason Week 3: JAX at PHL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Preseason Week 3: JAX at PHL

Moderator: Football Moderators

Preseason Week 3: JAX at PHL

Postby joejlitz » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:13 am

So I'm watching this game on the NFL Network on replay, since it wasn't on live. I am not please with how Reid used Vick in the beginning of the game. Vick was on the field (in and out) for about 50% of the plays in the 1st quarter - shuffling in and out every other play or so. I think this was more to get him some game experience after a couple of weeks off. I hope that's all it was, because Donnie missed two wide open throws downfield for about 15-20 yards each and I wonder if it was because he hadn't been able to get into a rhythm.

I'm only in the 2nd half right now, but the Birds don't look great so far. Gave up 2 big plays to MJD. Eckle fumble. McCoy dropping a lateral that went the other way for a TD.

However, Asante Samuel looks great. Forced a fumble on a KO at the goal line, got an INT, and they are reviewing a play right now where he strips Holt at the Eagles own 20.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Preseason Week 3: JAX at PHL

Postby joejlitz » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:26 am

Jason AVANT!

2 Huge catches to get the Eagles down to the goal line! 5 catches for 92 yards in the first half so far. He was a great 3rd down receiver last year and looks great tonight! (potential bye week replacement? :-?

McNabb incomplete to Celek in the end zone - nice to see McNabb is looking for Celek. Baskett just dropped a TD on a jump ball in the end zone. Tough play,but he should have had it. :-t
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:50 am

Gosh, these announcers are horrible (Kevin Reilly, Herm Edwards, and Hugh Douglas). Halftime.

Yes, I realize I am posting at 7:30 AM in Cafe LIVE on a game that was played last night and I am the only one doing it. :-B

Is this anything like twitter?
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joejlitz » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:52 am

Maclin with a couple of nice catches and a good job getting open. McCoy around the right end for a TD!
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joejlitz » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:54 am

Eagles kick return coverage absolutely sucks dating back through last year. Big reason why we were 9-6-1.

Mercedes Lewis with a big catch and Eagles LB Mays looks like a$$ so far missing a big tackle there. Gosh, I miss Stewart Bradley. :,-(
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting