Felix - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Felix

Moderator: Football Moderators

Felix

Postby 011472 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:00 pm

Please help convince me one way or the other on Felix Jones. Is he the bigtime impact player or the guy who shares carries with two other RBs in Dallas? Is he in position to be a reliable RB3 with RB2 upside or can we not count on enough touches for that?

Thanks
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Felix

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:17 pm

all of the above
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:41 pm

I personally think Felix Jones is a perfect fit as a role player in that offense. I don't think he's going to see a *ton* of carries and he hasn't proven to be able to handle a huge load at all. The expectations of Felix Jones has reached monstrous proportions given that the guy only had *30* carries last year. Of course, what he did with them was nothing short of amazing, but I think people are overvaluing him quite a bit right now.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guru13 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:20 pm

I myself happen to have a man crush on Felix Jones, which means two things: 1) take what I say with a grain of salt. And 2) I'm probably wrong, always happens that way.

Anyhow, I think he's in for a good season, great? Probably not. RB3 with RB2 potential? I think so. All the talk out of camp is positive. He's running great, his routes out of the backfield are better, his pass blocking is better, and he's put up some decent numbers in the preseason - including a long pass play on a drive that he finished off with a short TD run. It's those long plays that are so enticing to me, he's the definition of explosive and Dallas has made it a priority to set him up for those plays, especially since they seem to be impressed by what he's doing in the passing game, so a thumbs up in ppr leagues. I've marked him as a guy that I definitely wanna grab if he starts to fall in drafts a little bit, probably won't happen, but if I get the opportunity at the right value, I try to take a shot at him. Just my .02.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Felix is one guy that can be taken in the fifth+ round of the draft that has the potential to be the #1 overall player this year. Guy looks like a future stud RB to me. Only thing setting him back is his situation as a quasi-backup, in fact his situation may make him currently overvalued for the amount of playing time he will receive. That said, I like the guy a lot as a RB4 if I can get him there. He's one of the two or three non-starting RBs in the league that will make quality depth this year with some added breakout potential.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk