The dumbest talked about topic in the preseason thus far... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The dumbest talked about topic in the preseason thus far...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:27 pm

Seriously this is getting way blown up and its just getting more and more annoying by the day thus far in the preseason, and it all started with Favre...

The word "schism", seriously ESPN, Sportscenter and Reporters in general are just getting retarded with this word. It first came about with Favre coming into Minny and causing a 'schism' in the locker room. Now ESPN has put up a poll about the biggest player causing a 'schism' in the locker room, of course you have Favre, then after last night's preseason game and McNabb's post game comments now Vick is reportedly causing a 'schism' in the locker room and finally Marshall after his antics in practice causing a third 'schism'.

Its just getting old how every year there is something that just blows up that is so unnecessary to be even a 'story' by the media. Don't get me wrong I understand its there job, but ESPN being the biggest contributor to this whole drama is just plain useless and not needed.

schism (skzm, sz-)
n.
1. A separation or division into factions.
a. A formal breach of union within a Christian church.
b. The offense of attempting to produce such a breach.
3. Disunion; discord.

Why can't they just use words like 'split' or 'division' within the locker room, using the word schism really doesn't make you sound or look smarter then the next person in line. In fact it actually makes you look like an idiot when you report the word and the players you are using it in relation to go on the record publicly saying 'I have no idea what that word even means, I actually thought it was an STD at first'. Crazy stupid...

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The dumbest talked about topic in the preseason thus far...

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Sounds like some people at my work...they read a buzzword and start using it...although they are using it completely wrong.
BALCO All-Stars
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:41 pm

And...you are perpetuating it. }:-)

(just kidding - not trying to cause a schism in the cafe)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby petedog9 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:49 pm

they shouldnt be using that word because I know most football players arent going to church on Sundays.. I have seen them in other places.. and I bet alot of them arent even Christians!!! :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby iky » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:01 pm

When I saw that poll on ESPN I just kind of clicked it off. Have no idea what that word means, didn't even bother looking it up. Looks like something along lines of schizophrenia (i guess thats where the origin of the word is) Regardless, ESPN makes me puke more often then any other networks. It's just unfortunate that they dominate sports coverage and we're kind of forced to watch it.

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk