Trade help needed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trade help needed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade help needed

Postby Polite Politician » Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:39 pm

I've been dealing with this issue for the last couple of days - wondering if anyone has some good advice about this trade scenario.

I'm sitting on a pretty deep receiving corp. Moss, Rod Smith, Keyshawn, David Boston and Derrick Mason (must start 2 but can start up to 4)

But weak in the RB area - F. Taylor, C. Portis, Jamal Lewis, Kevan Barlow and James Stewart (and yes, I picked up S. Mack as insurance for Taylor in the 16th round)

This is a 7 team league and I'm getting a fair amount of interest in my WR for RBs.

The question is - what do you think of these possible trades (on the table now)?

Rod Smith for Deuce McAllister
Rod Smith for Stephen Davis
David Boston for Stephen Davis
Rod Smith or Boston for A. Train
Moss for Holmes
Smith & Mason for Pollard and Staley

Any of these sound appealing? Any feedback would be great. I'm wondering if I should just sit tight - and go into week one with a run and gun offense with four wide and two RBs... and just see what happens. OR - roll the dice and pick up a back.

Thanks!
Polite Politician

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Your trades

Postby trentvaughn » Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:46 pm

If you have all of these stud WRs, you would think that people might offer you better players. Davis seems to have been forgotten in Washington, but is certainly a stud back. I would do the Rod Smith for Anthony Thomas trade if that's looking like the best you can do. But you sound like you have all the WR cards. Depending on how the scoring works and the maximum amount of players you can start/week, you might want to roll in with the 4 WR setup. DON'T TRADE RANDY MOSS!!! Unless someone wants to give you Marshall Faulk somewhere along the way, I wouldn't do it. He's going to massacre records this year.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Polite Politician » Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:53 pm

I was thinking the same thing about expecting some better offers for WRs but I think there's a general perception that RBs are more valuable in fantasy football (because there are so few elite runners and so many more middle of the road WRs) - I got caught behind a position run for RBs so I just turned my attention to WRs that were still on the board during the draft.

I agree - Moss should be huge this year - we start

1 QB
2 RBs
2 WRs
2 RBs or WRs
1 TE
1 K
1 Def

standard performance scoring - 1pt per 50 yds pass, 20 yds rush/rec, .5 per catch, 6 TD, etc.

of the 4 receivers I consider frontline #1's on my team - Moss, Smith, Boston and Keyshawn - how would you rank them? I'm thinking Moss, Boston, Smith, Keyshawn - but, do you think R. Smith is better than Boston?
Polite Politician

Friendliness: %

Trades

Postby trentvaughn » Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:01 pm

They're right. RBs are more important if you have WRs behind you that will pick it up. But to get a stud, you've got to give one up. Fantasy wise, Moss is certainly your #1. Boston would be my #2, with Smith coming off an injury and his quarterback and backfield having some problems. Keyshawn would be my #4, but that's just to begin the season. We have to see if Gruden will "Give Him the Damn Ball", but if I was the fiesty young coach, you're damn right I would. He should be redzone gold, not lead, this year. If your receivers rip it up in week one, you'll get a lot better offers.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby n_tremain23 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:35 pm

Well with the team you got let's look at who you would start:
RB-Fred Taylor/Stacey Mack
RB-James Stewart
WR-Moss
WR-Boston
RB/WR-Rod Smith
RB/WR-Mason

Ok,now your RB's look decent.No superstars,big names,but they'll get the job done.Expect 1,000 yards from both (both meaning Taylor and Mack's numbers added).Now with this lineup you will put up huge receiving numbers but could lack in running numbers.So let's say your goal is to start an RB at the WR/RB instead of starting to WR's at those positions.Now you could slide Clinton Portis in there.But we'll look at our trade offers first:

Rod Smith for Deuce (Meets your goal,I would take most likely)

Rod Smith for Stephen Davis (Meets your goal also,I would take again)

Boston for Davis (Meets your goal,but your giving up your #2 receiver,no,dont do!)

Smith for A-Train (Meets your goal,would accept here too)

Moss for Holmes (LoL,no,don't even think about it)

Smith and Mason for Pollard and Staley (Was this a joke?No!)

Ok,so looks like if your going to accept a trade,your going to be getting rid of Rod Smith.Thats ok.Now for him,you can get either:

Deuce (14th ranked RB)
Davis (7th ranked RB)
A-Train (6th ranked RB)

Well,i've done my job,it's your decision from here.I gave you the info you need to make your decision,now it's up to you!
n_tremain23

Return to Football Talk