Jermichael Finley - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jermichael Finley

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Jermichael Finley

Postby justinj312 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:00 am

I'm starting him in 2 of my 3 leagues. That GB offense is gonna be lethal, jump on early.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J.C.Fighter » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:54 pm

Donald Lee is still on teh Packers guys. I'd temper my expectations for Finley.
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:37 am

J.C.Fighter wrote:Donald Lee is still on teh Packers guys. I'd temper my expectations for Finley.

hahaha Donald Lee, you serious? Finley is the total package and remember they chose Bubba over Lee enough said. But seriously there will be some 2 TE sets, but Rodgers has fallen in love with this kid as have the coaching staff, the only thing that stopped him from being in the lineup last year was his maturity. He had quite a big head and showed it off quite a bit last year but not in value just in attitude. This is a totally different player this year and between veteran players and the coaching staffs influence on him he has leveled that off and has instead started showing his true skill set. Finley will dominate Lee by far this year and Lee will be lucky to see the field in anything aside from 2 TE sets.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:58 am

bazzy_51 wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:Donald Lee is still on teh Packers guys. I'd temper my expectations for Finley.

hahaha Donald Lee, you serious? Finley is the total package and remember they chose Bubba over Lee enough said. But seriously there will be some 2 TE sets, but Rodgers has fallen in love with this kid as have the coaching staff, the only thing that stopped him from being in the lineup last year was his maturity. He had quite a big head and showed it off quite a bit last year but not in value just in attitude. This is a totally different player this year and between veteran players and the coaching staffs influence on him he has leveled that off and has instead started showing his true skill set. Finley will dominate Lee by far this year and Lee will be lucky to see the field in anything aside from 2 TE sets.

Finley has 2 issues-
1) Short-term, as a rookie last year, he was a great receiving TE who needed to improve his blocking;
2) Long-term, there are attitude/maturity issues. Lombardi Ave points out a statement he made after a getting some plays last season, but also notes, "Finley must be showing something in practice if Rodgers went to the rookie tight end at a critical juncture in the game".

He's done enough work to warrant more plays this year. GB may go to more 2-TE sets, to make use of Finley's receiving skills and keeping Lee in as a blocker. We'll see how the second issue is dealt with.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby J.C.Fighter » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am

Kareighuis wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:

Finley has 2 issues-
1) Short-term, as a rookie last year, he was a great receiving TE who needed to improve his blocking;
2) Long-term, there are attitude/maturity issues. Lombardi Ave points out a statement he made after a getting some plays last season, but also notes, "Finley must be showing something in practice if Rodgers went to the rookie tight end at a critical juncture in the game".

He's done enough work to warrant more plays this year. GB may go to more 2-TE sets, to make use of Finley's receiving skills and keeping Lee in as a blocker. We'll see how the second issue is dealt with.

6 yard catch ! hopefully he's jus getting all his bad games outta the way
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:26 am

Seriously, I think we see a glimmer from a guy and we overhype people in our own minds to the point of believing this will actually result in him having a huge game/year. The Pack still has a ton of weapons and Rodgers uses them all. Outside of Jennings, it's hard to imagine anyone else being consistently reliable to start in fantasy.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby da bears » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:28 am

His biggest issue could be that the tackles on Green Bay both suck. They got burned all night last night and the Bears d-line isn't all that great. They may have to use their te's to block more in the coming weeks if the tackles don't improve drastically.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby ckl81 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:55 pm

JCFighter and Azrael both nailed this. I'm still seeing Donald Lee a lot more than I'd like (I have Finley), and I don't think that's going to change any time soon. Also, what we're seeing is that although a lot of people thought the Pack would look a lot like the Saints coming in to the season, we're going to have to temper our expectations. Rodgers has a long list of mouths to feed as well: Jennings, Driver, Grant, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, and Lee.

I think he'll end up having a couple breakout games this season, where he explodes for a couple TDs, but it's probably going to be maddeningly inconsistent. My expectations for Finley have been completely defused. It's also discouraging to think about the horrible tackle play, especially the right side of the line. I think we'll have to see NO play a real D and GB play a softer one before we can calibrate our expectations of how potent these offenses will be this year...
[URL=http://img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=merriman3ec1.jpg]Image[/URL]
ckl81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Lets not over exaggerate this too much, last year you were seeing alot of Desmond Clark in the Bears offense but Olsen still made out alright, and for that matter Olsen wasn't all that productive last night either. Rodgers only threw for 150+ yards, it's not like there were alot of chances to go around, but when they get down inside the red zone I think Finley will start to make a mark.

Donald Lee is still going to be a factor, but they know who their weapons are, but yea you should still expect to see him in the offense, Finley can still be a great fantasy option as a TE2 similiar to Tony Scheffler and Greg Olsen the past few years, they also had games where they disappeared.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:19 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Lets not over exaggerate this too much, last year you were seeing alot of Desmond Clark in the Bears offense but Olsen still made out alright, and for that matter Olsen wasn't all that productive last night either. Rodgers only threw for 150+ yards, it's not like there were alot of chances to go around, but when they get down inside the red zone I think Finley will start to make a mark.

Donald Lee is still going to be a factor, but they know who their weapons are, but yea you should still expect to see him in the offense, Finley can still be a great fantasy option as a TE2 similiar to Tony Scheffler and Greg Olsen the past few years, they also had games where they disappeared.

Agreed. Also, I was considering Finley a Keeper and Dynasty target. I don't think he has much (if any) value in a redraft league.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk