Deep Sleepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deep Sleepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Deep Sleepers

Postby default01 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:11 am

The sleeper threads have a lot of mid and early round guys mentioned and even some guys that are first round picks. People are listing guys drafted as a high-end RB2 that could become a low-end RB1. I think we need a thread mentioning guys to target in the last few rounds of the draft. These are the players that you can't expect much from but have a chance to explode.

By position, in the order of my current rankings:

RB: Michael Bush, Shonn Greene, James Davis, Jamaal Charles, Jerome Harrison, Glen Coffee
WR: Chris Henry, Earl Bennett, Miles Austin, Hakeen Nicks, Brian Robiskie, Troy Williamson
TE: Jermichael Finley, Brent Celek

I always like to have a couple deep sleepers on my team but they're even tougher to gauge than the mid-round sleepers. I'd bet that one or two of these guys has a very solid season and becomes startable, at least as a flex play, but have no idea who it will be. How would you change the order? Are there players that I forgot that should be on the list?
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Deep Sleepers

Postby Chrgrs17 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:34 pm

I like most of your guys on that list. I'm hearing that Robiskie and Massoquoi are slipping in Cleveland. Josh Cribbs is getting a lot of reps at receiver and I'm hearing is the front runner for the #2 spot. Miles Austin could be a good one, but watch out for Sam Hurd. Miles Ausin is having hamstring problems and that is slowing him down. Sam Hurd has been doing well in the meantime. I would defintely take whoever wins those two receiver battles. Bryant Johnson could also be a good one. He will be the number two receiver in detroit.
Chrgrs17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:00 am

default01 wrote:The sleeper threads have a lot of mid and early round guys mentioned and even some guys that are first round picks. People are listing guys drafted as a high-end RB2 that could become a low-end RB1. I think we need a thread mentioning guys to target in the last few rounds of the draft. These are the players that you can't expect much from but have a chance to explode.

RB: Michael Bush, Shonn Greene, James Davis, Jamaal Charles, Jerome Harrison, Glen Coffee
WR: Chris Henry, Earl Bennett, Miles Austin, Hakeen Nicks, Brian Robiskie, Troy Williamson

I always like to have a couple deep sleepers on my team but they're even tougher to gauge than the mid-round sleepers. I'd bet that one or two of these guys has a very solid season and becomes startable, at least as a flex play, but have no idea who it will be. How would you change the order? Are there players that I forgot that should be on the list?

Love the Bolded guys, Like the Italicized guy
12 Team .5 PPR Money League
1st Place 8-4 (1456.70 Pts)

QB Schaub
WR RWayne
WR Driver
RB DWill
RB RGrant
TE VDavis
W/R Mendenhall
K Tynes
DEF WW
BENCH TJHoush,DMC,Winslow,DAvery,Arizonas D (for Playoffs)
NYMetsIn2k4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:55 am

Dennis Northcutt- On a team that will have to pass, someone will be constantly facing 1-on-1 with Calvin Johnson on the other side of the field. Bryant Johnson has dealt with recurring injuries during his short career, while Detroit traded a young DB to get Northcutt. Not flashy, but he gets the job done. Was among his team's top 3 receivers the last 2 years.

Louis Murphy- HC Tom Cable has talked him up constantly. Oak's WR rotation is very fluid, with a bunch of mediocre candidates. The prototypical Raiders receiver- pure speed, raw routes, impressive size-speed ratio.

Malcolm Kelly- A big receiver, Kelly has reportedly moved ahead of Devin Thomas for the #2 spot in DC. At 6-4, with long arms and big natural hands, would better serve as the possession WR in the Skins' West Coast offense. Though recovering from surgery that cost him much of last season, Kelly is the perfect complement to Moss' and Cooley's D-stretching speed.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby pfwygalways » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:54 pm

default01 wrote:The sleeper threads have a lot of mid and early round guys mentioned and even some guys that are first round picks. People are listing guys drafted as a high-end RB2 that could become a low-end RB1. I think we need a thread mentioning guys to target in the last few rounds of the draft. These are the players that you can't expect much from but have a chance to explode.

Thats a good list. in my 12 team 14 roster draft M. Bush, J Charles, Coffee, Nicks and Finley were all drafted.

Finley the only before the 12th... I think he went in the 6th (5th TE overall) - Wisonsin draft.

I missed my deep sleeper Percy Harvin by one pick in the 15th.
12 team/6pts TD/1pt 25yds pass/1pt 10yd r/r
08-09 Champ: Defending my title
QB Cutler
WR R. White, Welker, S. Holmes, D. Hester
RB M. Turner, S. Slaton, D. Brown, L Betts, L Maroney
M. Bush
TE Shockey
K Gotskowski
Def: Dal. (platoon likely)
pfwygalways
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff