2010 Michigan Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2009 Michigan Thread

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:40 am

HAIL TO THE VICTORS. GG NOTRE DAME LOL
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:28 am

See what happens when Rodriguez has a legitimate quarterback to run his system? 7-5 is definitely looking like an absolute worst-case scenario now.

Forcier has a real Colt McCoy look to him; great decision making, knows when to run, and sound, accurate passing. That INT was not his fault. Looking like we can redshirt Gardner next season which would be freakin sweet.

Funny thing is, Mich. won without any contribution from arguably their two most explosive offensive players (Robinson, Hemingway). Stonum stepping up is huge because he has the talent to be bigtime. Best part is that I don't see any automatic losses remaining. Definitely not saying they are going undefeated, as they will lose 2 or 3 probably. I can see them losing 2 games....one of the back-to-back roadies to MSU or Iowa and one of the home games against PSU or OSU. I think they do upset one of those last two teams at home though.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:36 am

going to the game this weekend...tailgate will include build your own breakfast sammich and bloody mary's
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:59 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:going to the game this weekend...tailgate will include build your own breakfast sammich and bloody mary's

That's the best tailgate food idea i've ever heard ;-D

It really looks like Michigan has several good options at the RB position (Brown is... wow). I'm really liking the offense on a team that I thought defense would be the only hope this year. Forcier even just managing the game and not making many big plays looks fantastic. Robinson brings a lot of options as a QB as well. Rich Rod is making me a believer and this is just one year of his guys. :-)
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:26 pm

I was at the game, like I've been at the other 2 and that was by far the worst they've played. That final score was really deceiving. That being said, as long as Forcier's injury was nothing, which it seems it was, then we should be fine.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:35 am

RWLongy4 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:going to the game this weekend...tailgate will include build your own breakfast sammich and bloody mary's

That's the best tailgate food idea i've ever heard ;-D

It really looks like Michigan has several good options at the RB position (Brown is... wow). I'm really liking the offense on a team that I thought defense would be the only hope this year. Forcier even just managing the game and not making many big plays looks fantastic. Robinson brings a lot of options as a QB as well. Rich Rod is making me a believer and this is just one year of his guys. :-)

i was partially lied to...there were no options, it was grilled honey-baked ham, eggs and cheese on an english muffin, so while i was hoping for some sausage muffin + bacon my motto is never look a gift breakfast sammich in the mouth.

P.S. it was delicious, as was some post-game ham
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Run defense is a major concern; they will struggle in the Big Ten if they continue to yield consistent gains like they have against ND and EMU. Most of this is due to the fact that the LB corps sucks. I know Mouton didn't play on Saturday, but he's not that great himself and wouldn't have made a huge difference.

All of a sudden we look really deep at the skill positions, especially RB. Even Smith and Cox looked good at the end of the game last week. People forget that Shaw was one of the offense's major contributors last year and still looks a lot better this year.

Is Denard Robinson already one of college football's most dangerous players? Scary to think that it only takes a bit of space and he could go all the way almost every time he has the ball.

Despite everything going great so far this year and MSU's struggles (lol @ 3rd best team in the B10), I still don't know if we can go into East Lansing and win this year. We're still a really young team and I think that might be the most important game of the year. If they can win that game, it's possible we go 10-2 or even better.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:21 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Is Denard Robinson already one of college football's most dangerous players? Scary to think that it only takes a bit of space and he could go all the way almost every time he has the ball.

No, he isn't. Denard Robinson should be nothing more than a very very situational player at QB. He only threw 2 passes that weren't incomplete and they were both picked off. Denard Robinson is not a viable option at QB and until he learns to throw the ball, he should not be used in the game. Even if Forcier gets hurt, I would argue that Sheridan should get a majority of the snaps that occur in passing situations.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:17 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Is Denard Robinson already one of college football's most dangerous players? Scary to think that it only takes a bit of space and he could go all the way almost every time he has the ball.

No, he isn't. Denard Robinson should be nothing more than a very very situational player at QB. He only threw 2 passes that weren't incomplete and they were both picked off. Denard Robinson is not a viable option at QB and until he learns to throw the ball, he should not be used in the game. Even if Forcier gets hurt, I would argue that Sheridan should get a majority of the snaps that occur in passing situations.

One pass was a bad pass, the other was an excellent play made by the defensive player. He was encouraged to take chances throwing the ball down the field.

I seriously hope you are joking when you say he "should not be used in the game" until he learns to throw the ball. The guy is a home run waiting to happen with his legs alone. Lol @ defenses knowing this guy is going to run the ball and he still leaves them in the dust.

I'd also rather see him get the majority of all snaps if for some reason Forcier was unable to play. I'd rather see a guy with an unlimited ceiling get the majority of the snaps and take the ups and downs then watch Sheridan play again.

He's incredibly raw, but is arguably their most dangerous player. His speed alone is enough to force defenses to honor his abilities in game planning. He will (and should) continue to play a lot.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:57 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:

One pass was a bad pass, the other was an excellent play made by the defensive player. He was encouraged to take chances throwing the ball down the field.

I seriously hope you are joking when you say he "should not be used in the game" until he learns to throw the ball. The guy is a home run waiting to happen with his legs alone. Lol @ defenses knowing this guy is going to run the ball and he still leaves them in the dust.

I'd also rather see him get the majority of all snaps if for some reason Forcier was unable to play. I'd rather see a guy with an unlimited ceiling get the majority of the snaps and take the ups and downs then watch Sheridan play again.

He's incredibly raw, but is arguably their most dangerous player. His speed alone is enough to force defenses to honor his abilities in game planning. He will (and should) continue to play a lot.

I'm not joking. He should not be used in the game. Just for the record, the defense that knew he was going to run and couldn't stop him was Eastern Michigan. I don't care if they use him in throw away games, but against real teams, he should not be used. We are 3-0 right now. I don't feel the need to risk a loss in a winnable game playing someone who isn't ready yet. As for your analysis of the interceptions, it was more like one was a bad pass the other was a bad decision. The defender did make the nice play, but that was prefaced by Robinson throwing the ball up into double coverage. Also, I'm not really sure what your definition of playing a lot is, but he took about 3 meaningful snaps the entire game. Almost all of his PT came when they were up by a lot at the end AND Forcier was shaken up. He will (and should) continue to be used very sparingly.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football