2010 Michigan Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2010 Michigan Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Michigan Thread

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:22 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Michigan loses Demetrius Hart to Alabama......I'm guessing the fanbase/Harbaugh rumors are really killing us on the recruiting trail.

What are you talking about? I haven't seen that anywhere. Is this just speculation or did it actually happen?

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/tomvh-dee-hart-alternatives

He's decommitted for sure.....hard to see us getting him back.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:03 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Michigan loses Demetrius Hart to Alabama......I'm guessing the fanbase/Harbaugh rumors are really killing us on the recruiting trail.

What are you talking about? I haven't seen that anywhere. Is this just speculation or did it actually happen?

Yeah, you're right. I actually saw that a little while after I made the post, but my roommate and I were too busy wallowing and being pissed off for me to go back and edit my post

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:13 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:

Yeah, you're right. I actually saw that a little while after I made the post, but my roommate and I were too busy wallowing and being pissed off for me to go back and edit my post

This is all on David Brandon too......the indecisiveness with the coaching situation is going to kill them on the recruiting trail! Make up your mind!
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:10 pm

There is still some animosity by some fans over comments Harbaugh made a few years ago, so hiring him would spark some controversy:
http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/200 ... baugh.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:22 pm

Posted: Dec. 3, 2010
Jamie Morris: End the limbo, restore 'the old Michigan'
BY DREW SHARP
DETROIT FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

Thursday was Day 5 of Michigan football suspended in limbo.

Dave Brandon's continued reluctance to formally endorse a fourth year for his embattled coach only further intensifies the sentiment that Rich Rodriguez is a dead coach walking. Few believe the athletic director hasn't already completed his evaluation of Rodriguez's stewardship of the Michigan program, be it positively or negatively.

If Rodriguez is his guy, what's the point in waiting with the official word?

There are plenty of reasons for Brandon waiting if he knows Rodriguez isn't his guy.

These were the true believers in attendance at Laurel Manor in Livonia for the team's annual football bust Thursday night. They toasted the virtues of Rodriguez's first bowl season at Michigan while conveniently ignoring the blatant abandonment of some of the program's most treasured traditions.

But The Indecision remained the 800-pound wolverine in the ballroom.

con't...

more: http://www.freep.com/article/20101203/C ... d-Michigan
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:35 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Posted: Dec. 3, 2010
Jamie Morris: End the limbo, restore 'the old Michigan'
BY DREW SHARP
DETROIT FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

Thursday was Day 5 of Michigan football suspended in limbo.

Dave Brandon's continued reluctance to formally endorse a fourth year for his embattled coach only further intensifies the sentiment that Rich Rodriguez is a dead coach walking. Few believe the athletic director hasn't already completed his evaluation of Rodriguez's stewardship of the Michigan program, be it positively or negatively.

If Rodriguez is his guy, what's the point in waiting with the official word?

There are plenty of reasons for Brandon waiting if he knows Rodriguez isn't his guy.

These were the true believers in attendance at Laurel Manor in Livonia for the team's annual football bust Thursday night. They toasted the virtues of Rodriguez's first bowl season at Michigan while conveniently ignoring the blatant abandonment of some of the program's most treasured traditions.

But The Indecision remained the 800-pound wolverine in the ballroom.

con't...

more: http://www.freep.com/article/20101203/C ... d-Michigan

Drew Sharp is a joke. Him and Rosenberg going on a bologna witch-hunt is what kickstarted all of the "factions" that the article pertains to.

*mod edit: language*
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:51 pm

Posted: 4:55 a.m. Dec. 6, 2010
More money for Stanford's Jim Harbaugh?
FREE PRESS STAFF

Time to forget that Harbaugh to Michigan campaign?

Stanford athletic director Bob Bowlsby said Sunday he had made a pre-emptive offer to sweeten Harbaugh’s contract.

“We have a proposal in front of Jim, and he’s indicated he plans to accept it,” Bowlsby said. “He’s got this year and four more on his contract. I expect that he will be our coach in the foreseeable future.”

Harbaugh, 46, has been mentioned as a possible NFL coach or for higher-profile college jobs, including his alma mater if Dave Brandon decides to fire Rodriguez. Harbaugh has said he will not talk about other jobs.

http://www.freep.com/article/20101206/S ... recruiting

Last Updated: December 05. 2010 10:02PM
Michigan will play Mississippi State in Gator Bowl
Angelique S. Chengelis / The Detroit News

Michigan is returning to a New Year's Day bowl, and will face a top-25 team in the Gator Bowl.

The Wolverines (7-5, 3-5 Big Ten) will play No. 21 Mississippi State (8-4, 4-4 Southeastern Conference) in the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla.

This matchup came as a bit of a surprise considering most of the projections, even as late as Sunday afternoon, had Michigan playing Florida (6-6) in the Gator.

This will be the first bowl game for Michigan under coach Rich Rodriguez, who is completing his third season as head coach. The Wolverines last made a bowl in January, 2007, when they defeated Florida, 41-35, in the Capital One Bowl in Lloyd Carr's last game as Michigan coach.

"We are excited about the opportunity to play a very good Mississippi State team in the Gator Bowl," Rodriguez said in a release. They run a first-class operation, and our players will really enjoy the experience.

"Mississippi State is a great team and has been consistently ranked among the top 25 this season. (Coach) Dan Mullen and his staff have done an outstanding job. It should be a great match-up, and we look forward to playing them on New Year's Day."

con't...

more: http://detnews.com/article/20101205/SPO ... 9/1478/rss
stomperrob

Postby stomperrob » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Last Updated: December 14. 2010 10:22PM
Lynn Henning
Even if Michigan comes calling, will Jim Harbaugh be interested?

Bob Bowlsby, athletic director at Stanford, has a nice, prioritized list of people he will approach when Jim Harbaugh decides to move his coaching office to the NFL — or, perhaps, to another university, maybe even one in Ann Arbor. Bowlsby was contacted last week but cannot discuss the Harbaugh situation for reasons that aren't greatly surprising. He still has a coach. He will wait for events to decide if he needs to replace Harbaugh as Cardinal head coach.

What is known at Stanford is this: Harbaugh is too hot of a name, and a man with too many ambitions, to expect that he will stay at one of the great universities in America. It has nothing to do with Stanford. It has everything to do with a 46-year-old firebrand, whose passion for coaching includes seeking new adventures and challenges.

The question for Michigan is whether Harbaugh would consider his alma mater as a next stop. That is, if Dave Brandon, Michigan's athletic director, decides in a few weeks to end the Rich Rodriguez vigil by firing his head coach, which is the unnecessarily ugly and protracted scenario that appears likely.

Is the NFL calling?
There is much to suggest Harbaugh would opt for Michigan. But those close to him believe he has ultimate plans for coaching in the NFL, providing the right combination of factors come together.
1. He must have an owner he can trust, and trust not to meddle with his decisions.
2. He must have a quarterback.

The belief today among those familiar with Harbaugh is that he would be a cinch to take either of two NFL jobs if they were to open up: the Chicago Bears, where he had his best years as a NFL quarterback under Mike Ditka; and the San Diego Chargers, where he once resided and coached and where he retains family ties from his first marriage.

con't...

more: http://detnews.com/article/20101214/OPI ... report.com
stomperrob

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:29 pm

The Harbaugh-to-Michigan talk has really heated up after Schefter's appearance on the radio yesterday. Can't find the clip but he is sending strong signals that it's almost a done deal.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:31 pm

Tate sent home, won't play in the bowl game. We really better hope that Denard doesn't get hurt.

A season that started with one nasty surprise for Michigan quarterback Tate Forcier ended with another Thursday.
The sophomore quarterback was ruled ineligible for the Gator Bowl according to Michigan officials, who said in a written statement that Forcier “did not meet university standards and is ineligible to participate.”
Forcier left the team Thursday evening and boarded a flight back to Detroit at the Jacksonville International Airport.

Linky: http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-footb ... ator-bowl/

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to College Football