2010 Michigan Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2010 Michigan Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Michigan Thread

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:57 am

Early reports today aren't good but I'm wondering if it's a negotiating ploy to see how much Michigan will pay to get him into town. All sources pointed to Ann Arbor before the Orange Bowl and now seem to be going back on it.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Word on the street is that RichRod has a 2pm meeting with David Brandon. Team meeting scheduled for 7pm.

Stay tuned, sports fans...
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Apparently Stanford alum John Elway is interested in luring Harbaugh to the Broncos.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:49 pm

"You hear a lot of talk about where Harbaugh might end up," a source close to the Stanford coaching staff said, "but the one thing you never hear is that he's going to stay at Stanford."

If Harbaugh, 47, jumps to the NFL, the source said, he is more likely to join an NFC team. He wants to face his brother, John, who coaches the Baltimore Ravens of the AFC, in the Super Bowl.

But the NFL is not believed to be Harbaugh's first choice. His first choice is Michigan, his alma mater, the source said.

"Jim thinks he can go back to Michigan, win there and then go to the NFL down the road," the source said. "And he's young enough to do both."

http://www.mercurynews.com/stanford-car ... i_16995222
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:03 pm

knapplc wrote:Word on the street is that RichRod has a 2pm meeting with David Brandon. Team meeting scheduled for 7pm.

Stay tuned, sports fans...

I'm thinking Rod is out regardless now. I've read different sources saying that both Brandon and Mary Sue Coleman are not fans of Rodriguez at all and want him out.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Whether he stays or goes, I've never been enamored of RichRod in Michigan. He doesn't fit the culture, and he's not the solution to the Michigan problem.

You guys gotta get a solid coach in there, one that meshes with Michigan Football.

If (well, when) Michigan comes back to prominence, the Legends division is going to be a force. Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Sparty.... that's a hell of a division. Toss in a year of relevance from Northwestern and Minny every once in a while and that's a division you can be proud to win.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:23 pm

Speculation has been that if Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh says no to Michigan, Brandon could turn to San Diego State coach Brady Hoke, a former Michigan assistant under Lloyd Carr.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110104/S ... fate-today
stomperrob

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:24 pm

RichRod is out.

Michigan fires Rodriguez after three seasons

Michigan has fired head football coach Rich Rodriguez after three seasons, according to Fox 2 News in Detroit.

Rodriguez was 15-22 overall during his Michigan tenure and just 1-10 against ranked opponents. The Wolverines ended this season with a 52-14 loss to Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl, the worst bowl loss in school history.

Rodriguez's job status has been a hot topic all season. AD Dave Brandon elected to wait until after Michigan's bowl game to decide whether to fire Rodriguez.

Rodriguez was also 0-6 against Ohio State and Michigan State, Michigan's biggest football rivals.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:36 pm

I keep reading it's going to be Hoke. Man oh man will the fan base have a field day with this one. :-[
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:52 pm

What are you guys hearing about Shoelace's future? I have a coupla Michigan fans telling me there are "rumors flying" that he'll transfer. I can't see that happening.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football