2010 Michigan Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2010 Michigan Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Michigan Thread

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:23 pm

knapplc wrote:What are you guys hearing about Shoelace's future? I have a coupla Michigan fans telling me there are "rumors flying" that he'll transfer. I can't see that happening.

Don't underestimate his loyalty to Rodriguez. As heavily recruited as he was, only Michigan and Kansas State were recruiting him as a quarterback. If Rodriguez finds another job, I honestly wouldn't be one bit surprised if Robinson followed him.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:53 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
knapplc wrote:What are you guys hearing about Shoelace's future? I have a coupla Michigan fans telling me there are "rumors flying" that he'll transfer. I can't see that happening.

Don't underestimate his loyalty to Rodriguez. As heavily recruited as he was, only Michigan and Kansas State were recruiting him as a quarterback. If Rodriguez finds another job, I honestly wouldn't be one bit surprised if Robinson followed him.

Depends who replaced RR at Michigan. If it was someone who runs a spread, like Pat FItzgerald, then I would guess he would stay, but if it is someone like Harbaugh with a pro-style offense, I wouldn't be surprised to see Denard leave so that he could be in an offense that better suits him.

Also, reports that RR was fired, then Michigan releases a statement saying that he hasn't been fired...weird.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:39 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:

Depends who replaced RR at Michigan. If it was someone who runs a spread, like Pat FItzgerald, then I would guess he would stay, but if it is someone like Harbaugh with a pro-style offense, I wouldn't be surprised to see Denard leave so that he could be in an offense that better suits him.

Also, reports that RR was fired, then Michigan releases a statement saying that he hasn't been fired...weird.

Harbaugh ran a spread-style offense at San Diego. I honestly don't know if it matters who replaces him; his loyalty seems to be to Rodriguez more than anything.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Last Updated: January 04. 2011 7:22PM .
As U-M coaches depart for day, Rodriguez's future unsettled
Angelique S. Chengelis / The Detroit News

Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon and embattled football coach Rich Rodriguez met for several hours this afternoon to discuss Rodriguez's future — a future that remains unsettled.

Several sources indicated the meeting concluded nearly four hours after it began at 2 p.m. and will continue Wednesday.

"He's not fired," a source close to Rodriguez said Tuesday night, shooting down multiple reports the coach had been terminated. "He's meeting again" Wednesday.

Fox 2 Detroit, citing unnamed sources, and the Detroit Free Press, without attribution, reported that the athletic director had decided to dismiss Rodriguez. Those closest to him, including his wife, Rita, his agent and assistant coaches, said they had not yet been informed of any decision.

Michigan also issued a statement late Tuesday saying nothing had been determined.

more: http://detnews.com/article/20110104/SPO ... -Rodriguez’s-future-unsettled

????????????????????????????????????? :-?
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:28 pm

I'm still thinking he's gone. The question is who replaces him? I'm sorry but if it's Brady Hoke there are going to be a lot of disappointed people. He was passed over by Indiana AND Minnesota, easily the two worst programs in the conference....and now Brandon is prepared to hand him the keys to one of the best jobs in football? This has potential disaster written all over it.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Hot internet rumor is that Harbaugh was interested but Brandon and President Coleman are not fans of his at all. Brandon prefers Hoke. UNBELIEVABLE if this is true. The press conference today was a disaster. I want to have more faith in Dave Brandon but am having a hard time right now. Might switch back to Pizza Hut.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:54 pm

Good Lord - if they can get Harbaugh they should throw money at him until he agrees to come. That's insane.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:30 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:Hot internet rumor is that Harbaugh was interested but Brandon and President Coleman are not fans of his at all. Brandon prefers Hoke. UNBELIEVABLE if this is true. The press conference today was a disaster. I want to have more faith in Dave Brandon but am having a hard time right now. Might switch back to Pizza Hut.

yeah...i heard Coleman at least, didnt hear much more about it. i'm not sure if it's a grudge over the academic comments he made or maybe they're worried he'd bolt to the NFL after a few years
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Interesting piece: http://www.freep.com/article/20110105/S ... be-patient
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:51 pm

This thing gets crazier by the minute.....

Miami offers Harbaugh enough money to be the highest paid coach in the entire freaking NFL and then they pull the offer less than two days later. Miami is owned by Stephen Ross, a Michigan graduate who just happens to be the namesake of our Business School. Schefter tweets that San Fran looks like a longshot now. Mortensen tweets that Ross attended to "other business" with Harbaugh while out in California. Two days ago there was a source saying that the Miami offer was going to be a bluff to re-open the door for Michigan. The wild card is Luck returning. Harbaugh to Michigan is not dead yet though. lol this is unreal how slowly and quickly this is all moving at the same time.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to College Football