2010 Michigan Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2010 Michigan Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Michigan Thread

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:10 am

Luck returning to Stanford makes me think Harbaugh is staying put.

Is is still Hoke, or have you guys heard any other credible names?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:05 am

knapplc wrote:Luck returning to Stanford makes me think Harbaugh is staying put.

Hoke seems to be the most likely, but there have been somewhat quiet Gary Patterson rumors going on throughout. I would really like to get Patterson. I think he's done an excellent job at TCU, and he's just generally more proven than Hoke. There's also always the possibility of Les Miles, although I doubt they offer him the job. Overall, the guy they'll probably get is Hoke, which would be fine, but Patterson, if they can get him, would be the best choice imo.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:09 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:....but Patterson, if they can get him, would be the best choice imo.

Other than Harbaugh of course.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:22 am

knapplc wrote:Luck returning to Stanford makes me think Harbaugh is staying put.

Some of these are a reach:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gall ... s=Itemnr=1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:22 am

I'll take Patterson, Les Miles or Dan Mullen. Fitzgerald from NW would have been great but he already took his name out of any potential candidacy.

All of that being said.....there's so much odd stuff going on behind the scenes that I'm saying don't give up on Harbaugh. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but knowing what I know, there's something funky about the Ross/Miami angle.

Ross is not an idiot.

1. As things initially heated up between SF and JH, Miami steps in completely out of nowhere. Sparano was kind of on the hot seat, but not incredibly hot.
2. They offer significantly more money than anybody else so far and would make JH the highest paid coach in the NFL when proven NFL guys like Gruden and Cowher are out there.
3. They make no decision on Tony Sparano or even take the time to interview another candidate.
4. 48 hours later, the 49ers situation cools considerably and Miami pulls their offer and declare that Sparano is their man.

There have been people all over the internet that claim Harbaugh continues to bleed maize and blue and until the ink dries on another team's contract that they won't believe he's headed anywhere else. Blah blah blah people on the internet, but nobody has been right with this story since the beginning. It's at least gotten to the point where it's clear that if he doesn't come to UM that it's for internal reasons within the University and not the money because I'm confident Michigan is offering at least as much as Stanford and San Francisco if not more.
Last edited by AquaMan2342 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:28 am

I'm not sold on Harbaugh being out of the discussion yet either. Until I hear him say he is not going to Michigan, there is still a possibility. Honestly, I still think he takes an NFL job before he goes to Michigan, but again, nothing would surprise me.

As far as the candidates, I'd break it down like this:

Harbaugh
Patterson
Everyone else
Metroid

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:42 am

Another odd occurrence; Brandon met with players after firing Rodriguez and a bunch of them came out of the meeting tweeting things like "Trust me, we're going to be fine" and stuff along those lines. Maybe I'm listening to too much Jesse Ventura, but whatever.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:45 am

I would say that Luck coming back definitely threw a monkey wrench into the situation though and that Stanford is the most likely destination right now.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:52 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:I would say that Luck coming back definitely threw a monkey wrench into the situation though and that Stanford is the most likely destination right now.

Yeah totally. I imagine Luck coming back means the only place Harbaugh coaches next season, college wise, is Stanford. I'm sure he's listening to pro offers though.
Metroid

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:25 am

Things in Miami sound a little bizarre:

Big fish Jim Harbaugh slips away from Miami Dolphins
Miami Dolphins to keep Tony Sparano as coach
Blog | Dolphins in Depth
By Greg Cote
gcote@MiamiHerald.com

So Tony Sparano has survived. Imagine that?

He returns for a fourth season as Dolphins' coach, and it will be interesting to see how the club announces that. Or if there will be an announcement at all.

Imagine if there were?

``Tony Sparano will remain as Dolphins coach because Bill Cowher wanted too much power and Jim Harbaugh turned down all our money.''

Is that about how the press release would read?

A Dolphins fan might have gone to bed Thursday night or awakened Friday not knowing quite what to think, literally or figuratively, in the midst of one of the strangest, most dynamic, exciting and in some ways depressing weeks in the football club's 46-year history.

A fan might have gone to sleep favoring a coaching change, even still filled with hope that Harbaugh might be hired, and yet have a lingering sense of unease.

con't...

more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/07/2 ... baugh.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football