2010 Michigan Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2010 Michigan Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Michigan Thread

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:34 am

...and sounds like the 49ers don't wanna pay the kinda money Harbaugh is looking for:

49ers may have set themselves up for failure in Harbaugh chase
By Tim Kawakami
Mercury News Columnist
Posted: 01/06/2011 09:40:31 PM PST
Updated: 01/06/2011 10:37:34 PM PST

When you chase Jim Harbaugh, as the 49ers, Dolphins and many others are learning too well, the target is elusive and the days are harrowing.

When you go after such a suddenly prized commodity, you are setting yourself up either for humiliation or the strong inkling that you are paying too high a price in this auction.

And you will do a lot of waiting. For Harbaugh to call back. For Harbaugh to listen. For Harbaugh to, if it's possible, finally agree to terms.

But that's what Jed York's 49ers have gotten themselves into, and there is no getting out of it now.

They have committed to the Harbaugh Chase. They've admitted he is by far their No. 1 choice. They've set themselves up to succeed only if he agrees to terms.

And yes, the 49ers probably had the first true shot at getting him to sign. But they bid lower than expected and could not close the deal.

con't./..

more: http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami ... ck_check=1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 am

Random guy on a message board claims to have ties to Bo Pelini's agent and says that Les Miles will be named Michigan's new head coach tomorrow and that Pelini will take the LSU job once it's vacated.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:14 pm

John Elway claims on Denver radio that Harbaugh will decide between Stanford and Michigan.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:33 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Random guy on a message board claims to have ties to Bo Pelini's agent and says that Les Miles will be named Michigan's new head coach tomorrow and that Pelini will take the LSU job once it's vacated.

I'm hearing that rumor too, which is why I'm asking if you guys have heard anything else. I'm not buying the Miles/Pelini stuff, but you never know.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:45 pm

knapplc wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Random guy on a message board claims to have ties to Bo Pelini's agent and says that Les Miles will be named Michigan's new head coach tomorrow and that Pelini will take the LSU job once it's vacated.

I'm hearing that rumor too, which is why I'm asking if you guys have heard anything else. I'm not buying the Miles/Pelini stuff, but you never know.

I'm seriously just sitting here following this stuff until about 3.....I'll keep posting. My eyes are bloodshot, I haven't slept well the last couple nights.....I just want it to be over.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:13 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
knapplc wrote:

I'm seriously just sitting here following this stuff until about 3.....I'll keep posting. My eyes are bloodshot, I haven't slept well the last couple nights.....I just want it to be over.

How do you think "Stanford Fan" feels. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Metroid wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
knapplc wrote:I'm hearing that rumor too, which is why I'm asking if you guys have heard anything else. I'm not buying the Miles/Pelini stuff, but you never know.

No idea....maybe they should work on filling up their 50,000 seat stadium. :-b
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 pm

In the last half hour....

1. Keep hearing the Miles/Pelini rumor

2. Jon Gruden has put a down payment on a house in Ann Arbor (LOL WUT)

3. Solid source says that David Brandon will meet with Jim Harbaugh today and Michigan is prepared to throw the kitchen sink to bring their guy home. Also claiming that Ross was in fact more concerned about the Michigan job than the Miami one, which makes total sense based on what I posted earlier.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:53 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:

No idea....maybe they should work on filling up their 50,000 seat stadium. :-b

Haha. :-b

But seriously, just because they don't fill their stadium regularly doesn't mean there isn't a bunch of stressing Cardinal fans right now. And hey, they made a good showing for their bowl game it looked like. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Elway's complete comments:

On his regular Friday appearance with radio hosts Vic Lombardi and Gary Miller today, Elway said this:

"I told Jim when we were down at the Orange Bowl that if he was interested in coming to the NFL, we would love to be able to talk to him. I said, 'If you want to stay in college, that's a different animal, but we understand that, and we're not going to be able to compete with college, because it's two different things. If you decide and you want to reach out and have a chance to go to the NFL, we'd love to be able to talk to you. And he was interested in talking to us, but to me, I think it's coming down to Stanford, and I think Michigan’s back in the picture. I think that he wants to stay in the college level.

“I’ve learned, in the last 48 hours, all the rumors that you hear, not one of them has been true yet. He has great opportunities, and he really has to figure out what he wants to do. It's difficult because he has a great football team coming back at Stanford, and he’s got the top quarterback in the country coming back. He got Stanford, he’s got his alma mater at Michigan, he’s got an NFL team in San Francisco right next door, breathing down his neck with him interested in coming there. He's earned what he's got and done a heck of a job. He's proven to be a darn good football coach. So when you’re a wanted product like he is, it’s going to be tough to make those decisions."

http://www.freep.com/article/20110107/S ... m-Harbaugh?
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football