2010 Michigan Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2010 Michigan Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2009 Michigan Thread

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:23 am

I'm not joking. He should not be used in the game.

Don't utilize our best athlete on the field? :-?

Just for the record, the defense that knew he was going to run and couldn't stop him was Eastern Michigan.

More throws than rushing attempts against EMU. 11 carries and 4 passes against Western. :-?

I don't feel the need to risk a loss in a winnable game playing someone who isn't ready yet.

They put him in to throw the ball on two separate occasions, both of which when we had a safe enough lead. I'm not touting him as a capable passer. I believe I referred to him as "incredibly raw". But to say having this guy in the game is risking a loss is ridiculous. Especially when you are advocating putting in Sheridan ahead of him. That just isn't going to happen. And it's dumb. And it's definitely risking more of a loss when you have a guy who can't run or pass playing QB.

As for your analysis of the interceptions, it was more like one was a bad pass the other was a bad decision. The defender did make the nice play, but that was prefaced by Robinson throwing the ball up into double coverage.

Wrong on both ends, and I was actually wrong here initially. They were both decent decisions, but both throws were short. On the first, Odoms had separation with no deep safety back to make the play. He throws the ball a little further and it's an easy TD. How on earth does a guy like Odoms get separation down the field? Probably because the defensive backfield was afraid of Robinson running the ball. I'm willing to bet he makes at least one huge play this year because of something like this.

Also, I'm not really sure what your definition of playing a lot is, but he took about 3 meaningful snaps the entire game. Almost all of his PT came when they were up by a lot at the end AND Forcier was shaken up.

This is true, but two of the games have been major blowouts, one by halftime. The other was Forcier's coming out party. ND focusing on thwarting the run forced a lot of passes, of which Forcier is much more capable.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:41 pm

We survived today. It wasn't pretty and it's unclear if we're worse than we thought or if Indiana's better, but a win is a win and it's nice to be at 4-0. Forcier is freaking tough as nails. His shoulder got drilled and he still toughed it out for that last drive.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:44 am

Defense is killing me! One shut down corner in our backfield and three stooges (maybe two if Floyd continues to play over Boubacar "Markus Curry squared" Cissoko). Indiana is definitely a decent team though, IMO. Much better than I figured they would be. Great offensive line, quarterback who makes the right decisions and an explosive running back.

Nice to see Robinson come into a tough situation and lead the team down the field for a huge touchdown. I'm assuming the snap issue was more of a Moosman thing than a quarterback thing. They have to get that figured out before next Saturday. Forcier is Forcier.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:42 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:Defense is killing me! One shut down corner in our backfield and three stooges (maybe two if Floyd continues to play over Boubacar "Markus Curry squared" Cissoko). Indiana is definitely a decent team though, IMO. Much better than I figured they would be. Great offensive line, quarterback who makes the right decisions and an explosive running back.

Nice to see Robinson come into a tough situation and lead the team down the field for a huge touchdown. I'm assuming the snap issue was more of a Moosman thing than a quarterback thing. They have to get that figured out before next Saturday. Forcier is Forcier.

I agree for the most part on the defense, but in their defense (no pun intended) they buckled down inside the red zone and held Indiana to 4 FGs in the red zone, which was huge. I agree about Bubakar though, he's freaking pathetic and we were way better off once Floyd was in. I really like Miner, but as much as Brown had a couple huge plays, Rich Rod said he couldn't even be on the field by the end of the game because he kept missing blocking assignments. Denard was definitely good on that drive, although I would still expect to see Tate in during the big drives. As for the snaps, that was our backup center and he was pretty bad (although 2 of those, one successfully, were to try to get Indiana caught offsides).

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:22 pm

i might have to replace my Lions bag with a Wolverines bag :*)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 pm

AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:26 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:See what happens when Rodriguez has a legitimate quarterback to run his system? 7-5 is definitely looking like an absolute worst-case scenario now.

We are so naive as fans.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:11 am

I'm cautiously somewhat optimistic for this year. Denard dawg looked awesome in the Spring game and supposedly has made some great strides. Look for him to be the starter this year and to be pretty good.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:24 pm

juanpawell wrote:I agree with the post and i am looking for more information to understand.

First off....wtf ^?

Anyways....great start to the season here...Troy Woolfolk, likely our only competent player in the defensive backfield is likely out for the season with what's being called a dislocated ankle. If there was one single guy we couldn't afford to lose this year, it was him.

STORY

Definitely have to temper expectations defensively now. I had hopes this season as far as the defense goes because we finally have the same DC for two seasons in a row and I think we'll see a lot of improvement in the linebacking corps combined with solid depth in the trenches. The backfield is frankly a mess now with this injury and the Turner transfer and I'm not really sure where we're going to get Woolfolk's production from. Hopefully Cullen Christian but it's hard to rely on a freshman like this. Horrible day for 2010 Michigan Football. :-t
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: 2010 Michigan Thread

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:15 am

Yeah, saw that yesterday. Total bummer man. And it's confirmed that he's gone for the season with a broken leg. :-/

linkage

Can you tell me what the hell is going on with Tate Forcier? :-S
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to College Football